cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email change

JVCV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Years ago, I changed the email associated with my public mobile account. I still have access to the old email (thankfully).

When I go to reset my password, the password reset email still goes to the old email address, even though the new email address is showing in my profile and that is also what I log into my account with.

If I lose access to the old email account (which may happen), and need to reset the password, this will be a big problem.

How do I get this fixed?

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@JVCV Had the same issue. It was caused by changing my username myself within the self serve account. That is no longer allowed for the reason that you just experienced. 

Just follow the directions given to contact the moderators and request that your username be changed to the email you wish.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JVCV contact the moderators, explain your situation, give them the email address that you would like to change it to and ask them to do it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators for assistance.

Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You were only able to change logging not email

You must contact moderators for that https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.