cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Address With Plus Sign

ninuann86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had a public mobile account for several years now. My email address has a plus sign (i.e. hello+world@gmail.com).

I can't login now (probably due to the outage), so I tried to reset my password. But the reset password page does not accept the plus symbol.  This needs to be fixed.

7 REPLIES 7

ninuann86

I see the the reset password form still won't accept email aliases.  When will this be fixed?

ninuann86

@will13am thanks for pushing. How can we monitor the status of this issue?

ninuann86

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, most likely I can't log in due to the outage.  But email aliases should be able to receive 2FA codes.  

The issue is not that I can't receive the code at the email.  The Public Mobile form literally will not accept a plus sign.  But the login form does.  This is a UI bug that should be addressed.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 9.59.26 AM.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Avoid using email aliases with + sign.  This breaks 2FA emails.  Public Mobile has been notified of this behavior.  I am going to push to have this fixed.  It is not right to allow email aliases as a valid email address and then not be able to support 2FA messages.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ninuann86 

Email aliases have difficulty getting password resets. It would be better to have a non email alias for your account username. To login you will have to wait until self serve is fully functional again.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ninuann86 

The PM self-serve My Account website was down for most of Thursday due to a system outage.

Unfortunately, the website appears to be undergoing more maintenance work at the moment, which is why you can’t sign in. 

Resetting your password is not going to restore access to your account, and the + symbol issue is a known bug with the reset password function. You password has NOT changed, so you don’t need to worry. 

Please try accessing the website later in the day when the maintenance work is completed (with your existing email and password).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ninuann86   the email address with a + sign will work, it can receive 2FA code and then can log in a, it just won't able to receive the 2FA code for resetting password

HOWEVER, there seems to be problem with My Account this morning and many of us (maybe all of us) unable to login.  So, your issue is not because of the email with a plus sign  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.