cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earning points is nice but not really a factor.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My basic $15 plan just renewed and I noticed that it earned .75 points. At this rate it would take 20 months to earn the minimum 15 points required to cash in for a $15 account credit. After reading several disgruntled posts now I understand how they must feel when their accounts were switched to the points  from the reward system.

11 REPLIES 11

Wayworn

@Sansan wrote:

@Wayworn you get points from the community when you post or answer regardless of solutions. In your Rewards account its called Give Back.

Adding, Give Back points are added around the 6-8 day of the current month, for the prior month. 

There will also be an Announcement with the totals. 

Yaeee - just received 2 points!

@Wayworn  The community reward formula is secret but certainly includes posting helpful comments, receiving kudos and solutions. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to make it to the top 50% to get any points. So helping here and there doesn't cut it

Kmfa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched from Telus where I was paying over $100/month and getting way less. Even without the rewards points I’m so much further ahead with PM. Rewards isn’t what brought me over but if I earn enough for $15 credit that’s a bonus! 

Fluffyone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Free money is free money. I wasn’t getting any rewards at all with Virgin, so I think this is great! 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wayworn Telus has $100 yearly plan unlimited calls and texts ($8.34 per month), cheaper than $15 plan, with point $13.75

@Wayworn you get points from the community when you post or answer regardless of solutions. In your Rewards account its called Give Back.

Adding, Give Back points are added around the 6-8 day of the current month, for the prior month. 

There will also be an Announcement with the totals. 

Wayworn

@Simon24 wrote:

Public Mobile terminated the old reward system, e.g. no monthly autopay ($2) and no loyalty credit. ALSAO https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

I thought that we would receive a loyalty 10 points = $10 /year.

With regards to helping others -- I have been posting since almost day one since my plan started . My account just renewed a couple of days ago and haven't been credited any "helping others "points. Are points only credited if one's solutions are accepted?

Simon24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile terminated the old reward system, e.g. no monthly autopay ($2) and no loyalty credit.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Wayworn

@Meow wrote:

Yes, you are about right. But you have to add 10 points at anniversary so it will decrease 20 months a bit.

So, unless you have a bunch of referrals and do not participate in Community then 'discount' is tiny...

Thanks - I stand corrected - it seems that every year (12 months) I would get a totally free month. So my $15 plan after cashing in my annual points only will cost me $13.75/month with some points to spare. Actually not bad for a plan with unlimited texts and unlimited Canada wide voice.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you are about right. But you have to add 10 points at anniversary so it will decrease 20 months a bit.

So, unless you have a bunch of referrals and do not participate in Community then 'discount' is tiny...

Need Help? Let's chat.