Did you mean: 

E sim

Plss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I have my sim but my network only says lucky or Telus not public mobile

28 REPLIES 28

Plss

Hi do when I go send a text there no number and I try to add my number it won’t go in 

Plss

yrs I get incoming calls too so it's all good 

@Plss now, you need to test incoming calls.  If PM sim rings, then all done.  

If not, check with PM portimg team for update tomorrow morning 

Plss

Ok so when it show pm that’s means phone is transferred over

Plss

Yes and it says eSIM. And shows public mobile

@Plss able to make calls and data works??

Plss

On the phone so does that mean it’s transferred 

Plss

ok it comes up now pm on my phone and my network now  and it sho

@Plss you need it installed on your phone and show up like in my screenshot above.  If not there, check Welcome email for the eSIM QR code. and scan it

if you cannot install the eSIM, please open ticket with PM support as advised above 

Plss

In my account information I do see my e sim but it’s not on the phone 

Plss

It shows no e sim and I did the rest and nothing happened 

@Plss what do you see on your Settings> Cellular screen? is Public Mobile eSim there?? any other sim showing there??

To reset network settings on iPhone:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Plss

Where would reset be on iphone

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Plss 

what phone do you have?  iPhone?

look like you still have the old carrier sim card in the phone or the old carrier esim enabled

if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.

On Android: Make sure the Public Mobile eSIM is set to enabled:

Android-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

Plss

Ok so it is say s.o.s and I can’t call out

After you reply "YES" to the port authorization text, it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours for the port to fully complete.

You'll know for sure when the Lucky account is no longer active and your device displays only TELUS or Public Mobile.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Plss

yes I just did it and I click yes usually how long does it take 

Plss

Ok I did that already 

Oh, well that is done through the self-serve app.

There, you'll find a "change number" option, under your Profile, choose the option to move your number from another provider.

Have the prior account number on hand, and you'll be prompted with questions about the number and service where it's coming from.

Once you get the Port Authorization request from Lucky, reply "YES" to it, and your number from there will be moved to here.

I hope that's what you were asking, @Plss 

Plss

Transfer phone number 

@Plss wrote:

How do I do that 

Do, what, @Plss ?

Plss

How do I do that 

Were you previously with Lucky?

Is that service/account displaying as "closed" or "inactive"?   

It should be if you ported from there to here successfully.

Plss

No it's not a dual sim 

Plss

Hi I just check and when i use the data it shows lucky and no sim #

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Plss 

If your device has a dual SIM, ensure your SIM manager is 'pointing' to the correct SIM for the service here.

TELUS / Public Mobile displaying is fine.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Plss - If it says "TELUS" in the status bar... don't worry, Public Mobile is owned by TELUS. Usually modded firmwares will show "TELUS" instead of Public Mobile. Your data should work normally. 

But if PM eSIM isn't showing, please make sure it is enabled in cellular settings.

Also Lucky Mobile (Lucky) shouldn't be showing instead of TELUS or Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.