cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded e-sim without knowing it'll be a new PM number, but I need to keep my current PM number!

gracelyn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, URGENT help needed. I am leaving Canada in a few days for four months and I need to keep my current PM number! 

I downloaded e-sim tonight thinking my current physical sim PM number will just stay the same. Once I realize it, I did not go through the installing process on my Pixel 7, but did get an email from PM telling me a sim card update to a new number. 

I absolutely need to keep my current number! How can I switch back and/or transfer the current PM number to the e-sim? Please help!  

12 REPLIES 12

@gracelyn1 wrote:

No, you were absolutely helpful and answered my question! I followed what you said and successfully solved my problem! thanks for helping! 

@gracelyn1 , you’re welcome.

Thank you for letting me know. I was worried you may have had issues installing the eSIM so I waited half an hour longer just in case. My eSIM installed fine on my iPhone but I am not familiar with Android phones anymore. Some people have had issues when trying to install an eSIM. Happy to know that we both did fine. 🙂

gracelyn1

No, you were absolutely helpful and answered my question! I followed what you said and successfully solved my problem! thanks for helping! 

@gracelyn1 wrote:

Yes I did change to the 15 plan started the next payment cycle, but thanks for the reminder! will keep the monthly autopay going while I'm gone

@gracelyn1 , I didn’t suggest anything other than what you asked for help with. Sorry! 😞 Although I was half asleep when trying to help you between 3:30am-4:30am!

gracelyn1

Yes I did change to the 15 plan started the next payment cycle, but thanks for the reminder! will keep the monthly autopay going while I'm gone

@Grand_Total 

Good point about losing the promo. Your option will work too.

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BKNS27 wrote:

@gracelyn1 

I would also you switch to the $15 plan on AutoPay/Subscribe to keep your old number while you are away for 4 months.

If you disable AutoPay/subscribe longer than 90 days. You will lose your old number for non-payment.

So keep up with your monthly payment while you are away.

There is a potential problem with this - @gracelyn1 's current plan may not be available when she returns. If it were me I'd suspend my account for a couple of months, then subscribe for a month, then suspend again for the fourth month. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@gracelyn1  Just checking - you do know that you won't be able to use your PM number outside Canada (except for the US with a roaming add on or Canada/US plan?).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gracelyn1 

I would also you switch to the $15 plan on AutoPay/Subscribe to keep your old number while you are away for 4 months.

If you disable AutoPay/subscribe longer than 90 days. You will lose your old number for non-payment.

So keep up with your monthly payment while you are away.

gracelyn1

You're amazing!! 

@gracelyn1 wrote:

So my phone number won't change and I can continue to install the e-sim on my phone now? Oh that's a relief. Thanks so much!

@gracelyn1 , correct your phone # won’t change unless you picked a new phone # or signed up for a new account!
Yes, you can continue to install the eSIM on your phone.
You’re welcome 🙂

gracelyn1

So my phone number won't change and I can continue to install the e-sim on my phone now? Oh that's a relief. Thanks so much!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@gracelyn1 wrote:

Hi there, URGENT help needed. I am leaving Canada in a few days for four months and I need to keep my current PM number! 

I downloaded e-sim tonight thinking my current physical sim PM number will just stay the same. Once I realize it, I did not go through the installing process on my Pixel 7, but did get an email from PM telling me a sim card update to a new number. 

I absolutely need to keep my current number! How can I switch back and/or transfer the current PM number to the e-sim? Please help!  

@gracelyn1 , if you signed into your public mobile account on the app on the phone that you want to install the eSIM onto your SIM Card will no longer work & your account will update from your SIM Card # to your eSIM # on it but your phone # will stay the same.

Unless you signed up for a new account with a new email address & eSIM and chose a new phone #.

Need Help? Let's chat.