cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charge After Signing Up

bestdaniel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I inadvertantly selected the incorrect plan when I signed up, and when I went to change it after realizing it looks like I've been charged on my Credit Card for both plans now. Can the initial charge be reversed? It was never used and wasn't even active for 5 minutes.

3 REPLIES 3

bestdaniel

Thank you both for the responses. I've sent off a private message to an Agent requesting an account credit and will follow up once I hear back!

Doh

Hey, the first charge will be reversed by PublicMobile and it should show either tomorrow or on Monday, but keep in mind it will show here first, and then on your credit card next. I'm assuming you hit "change now" obviously instead of change next cycle since you had the wrong plan at first. This is a classic "1's and 0's" problem; not your fault, just some oversight in payment processing.

EDIT: JK8 has a more complete answer. Sorry for the confusion.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bestdaniel 

With an immediate plan change there is no credit given for your initial plan. Contact an agent and ask for a credit to your account. Easier than a refund.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.