cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does International Text Mean Overseas or Continental North America (Can-US)?

abaqua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings
My plan states "Unlimited International Text". Does this mean that I can text from Canada to overseas (Europe)? I'm just wanting to clarify the meaning of "international". The attached seems to confirm this. I'm wanting to confirm the confirmed, and know that "international" means essentially world-wide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Unlimited-Canada-us-talk-amp-internat...

Please see the 3rd response from Dunkgirl.

Thanx!

4 REPLIES 4

@abaqua wrote:

Greetings
My plan states "Unlimited International Text". Does this mean that I can text from Canada to overseas (Europe)? I'm just wanting to clarify the meaning of "international". The attached seems to confirm this. I'm wanting to confirm the confirmed, and know that "international" means essentially world-wide.

In my opnion, this wording has long needed to be changed. It's not just international.  International means to other countries, and only to other countries, for which text messages to the U.S. are also "international", although I fully realize that cell phone carrriers have long consider the U.S. to be in a different category than other countries outside of Canada.  The difficulty with the word international has to do with how members will come here and ask whether text messages sent from Canada to Canadian phone numbers is included (which they are).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@abaqua...

If you happen to be going to US, then you'd need a 10 Day US Roaming talk/text and or data option. Without it, you might be able to receive texts while in US but you wouldn't be able to reply.

As the others have already said...as long as you're in Canada, you can send / receive unlimited texts to anywhere on planet earth.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can send a text to all countries while you're in Canada.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@abaqua 

While you are in Canada you can text anywhere in the world.

Need Help? Let's chat.