cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get charged for RECIEVING texts while overseas (not USA)?

m00nwatcher_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

Have some travels coming up and needed my phone to receive some 2FA texts. Will I get charged for these texts while I'm outside of Canada?

Mobile Data will be off. No calls in or out. No text messages will be sent. No voice messages will be received (I will disable VM). Only receiving SMS, not MMS.

5 REPLIES 5

m00nwatcher_

Good advice. I'll check that out TextNow now.

@m00nwatcher_ consider using VoIP app TextNow to make and receive  call and text. Textnow will work as long as you have wifi or local data (using local data sim or travel eSIM)

m00nwatcher_

dang, that's cold.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@m00nwatcher_ 

You will not get charged as Public Mobile is prepaid so there are no overages or surprise charges. If it’s not supported on your plan it just won’t work. But as a side note, Public Mobile only works in Canada and The US (with a roaming add-on or Can/US plan) so if you are outside of these countries you will not have any service and won’t be able to receive any texts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@m00nwatcher_ you don't need to worry about charges when you are overseas as PM has NO service at all outside of Canada and US. You won't get text or calls  in other countries even you willing to pay 

Need Help? Let's chat.