cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Cell Phone

Thomas-Campbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone bill is pre-authorize. It is deducted from my checking account every month. I have seen where it was deducted from my account on December 1st, 2020 but my cell phone got disconnected. Can you kindly look into this matter for me.

Thomas Campbell

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you might find it disappointed that it stopped your service when they can't charge your credit card.. yes.. it's prepaid.. and it's inconvenient in this case.. however, the good thing is that no surprise .. no surprise for overage.. also, it's good if you want to temporary suspense your service (up to 89 days), just remove the credit card or so... no need to call anyone..

it has  good and bad 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thomas-Campbell wrote:

I am disappointed in Public Mobile, because today is the 31st, so this is ridiculous you guys had already disconnected my phone. Imagine this is a holiday and I'm without a phone. That's a shame on public mobile.

Sorry for you to find out the hard way.  If you did your pre-activation due diligence research, you will know PM service is prepaid service.  Prepaid service in Canada means pay at the start of billing cycle before your prepaid service to continue.  You will find out PM billing cycle is 30 days and not monthly.  Your renewal date changes depending on how many days in the month.  Your last renewal date was Dec 1, your plan will renew this morning after midnight.  

Your renewal was failed and your service was stopped this morning.

Can you add fund to your account using the autopay info on file?

If yes, add fund and click on the "Reactivate Current Plan" lick to get your phone working ASAP.

Then, create a support ticket to ask moderator why your renewal failed using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - use " Autopay failed to renew plan".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas-Campbell : As mentioned, unfortunately sometimes this payment system fails. Plans here are 30 days. Pre-paid. No credit. No grace. Sign up day is day 1. 30 days after is Dec 30 in your case.

Try doing a manual payment of your amount due using that payment method you have.

Or buy a voucher from many stores or online. Or use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores.

Thomas-Campbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am disappointed in Public Mobile, because today is the 31st, so this is ridiculous you guys had already disconnected my phone. Imagine this is a holiday and I'm without a phone. That's a shame on public mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Thomas-Campbell  I assume you use a visa/Mc debit card attached to your bank? As public mobile does not have pre-authorized payments through bank account. Plans are 30 days. If you paid December first than your new renewal likely would have been early today.

Log into your account. Is status active or suspended? While in your account click "View payment history" see the transactions for last 30 days. Did it collect any money today?

Sometimes auto-pay is faulty and doesn't collect the funds. Many people manually add money a few days before payment due date. When you get the text reminder that a payment is due soon like below. To avoid auto-pay issues.

Screenshot_20201231_114507.jpg

Let us know!

Need Help? Let's chat.