cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling VoiceMail

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was reading in another posting that I can disable voicemail by dialing *004*8080000000#

Is this only for Public Mobile or will it also work for Koodo?

10 REPLIES 10

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That sucks you've had that many scams... For me, if I don't know the number I'm not answering, even if it looks local... So if I see just a missed call, I figure it's just crap, or a spam voicemail which isn't all too often for me. But a missed call with a legit voicemail say from a drs office I'll know to call back 

RobertJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For me, I don't know anyone that wouldn't either text message me, use WhatsApp, or email me instead of calling in the first place.

I don't like the dismissable Voice mail notifications.

And most importantly: My voicemail is just filled with scam phone calls! Nothing else. So I'd rather not have it.

FlutteringBy

Thanks hTideGnow,

I'll check it out...👍....

Hi @FlutteringBy 

ask them here

https://community.koodomobile.com/

But I don't see why it won't work.  

FlutteringBy

@Pawprints1986 Some people don't want to listen to messages. A lot of people want text message instead.

Yup....that's me...😁....

@Pawprints1986 Some people don't want to listen to messages. A lot of people want text message instead.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What would be the motive in wanting to disable ? I could see maybe wanting to increase number of rings (which I'm not sure is a thing), say with someone with limited mobility who may take longer to get to the phone, but apart from that what is the advantage? 

I know koodo has a thing where you have to push a number in order to leave a voicemail, eliminating bots, this feature would be nice... 

FlutteringBy

I was just curious....

Guess I'll have to find someone who uses Koodo & get them to test it....😊....

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It works for PM for sure. I am using this trick since somebody posted it here. Mind you - NOBODY will be able to leave vmail, not only spammers.

As for Koodo - if they have same vmail system it might work. Try and see.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ask Koodo?

I don't actually like the workaround as it gives callers an impression that maybe there's something wrong with the line. Maybe they would become alarmed. Maybe they would feel you decided to lose contact with them.

This place has the extended absence method that then allows a way to not take recordings.

Need Help? Let's chat.