cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Autopay

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, i am on the newer rewards system which offers me no benefit to autopay so i have a few questions regarding making manual payments. Can i manually pay via Credit card and not have it autopay every month or keep my card info on file?

Will i have to "unsubscribe" after i make a payment each month?

And will i have to ask a customer service agent to remove my card info from being saved on file every month after i make a manual payment?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AK32 

If that is your intention, purchasing vouchers or using an instant top up is a better method. the instant top up method requires you to use your credit card though. so, if you don't want your credit card info on that system either, then I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.. are you worried about fraud? 

AK32

Thank you.  No I do not want to use vouchers for payment. What I wanted to do was pay via credit card manually, without storing my credit card information on public mobiles system. Which is apparently a lot more complicated than it should be. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AK32 

PM is prepaid, meaning you pay first and the service works.  On the other hand, if you missed payment, your service will be suspended

So, Autopay is to make sure you won't miss a payment and have service interruption.  But if you can manage, yourself, you can disable it and pay ahead of the renewal day

1. if you want to remove credit card, you need agent help.  But if you remove credit card, you will have to load voucher for payment, do you really want to do that?

2. go to Subscription & Addon, Manage Subscription and disable Subscribed to turn off Autopay but leave credit card there

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AK32 

I don't see the point in doing that unless you don't want to use the device for a month or so. if that's the case then put the account in "lost/stolen mode" to ensure the card doesn't get charged. this isn't a guarantee, but it should stop the system from charging the card

AK32

Thanks.  After you add money every 2 months, do you have to "unsubscribe" so that it doesn't autopay?  Do you typically keep your card info on file or does that need to be removed by a CS Agent every 2 months too?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AK32 

no just add as much money as you want so that you don't have to manually pay every month. I usually do 2 months at a time. 

AK32

I have no problem managing my own payments and if there is no reward/benefit from PM for autopay i would rather manually pay and not have my credit card saved on their systems.

My question is:

1) do i have to ask an agent to remove the credit card EVERY month after making a manual payment?

2) do i have to "unsubscribe" EVERY month after making a manual payment to ensure it doesnt autopay the next month?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Automatic payments are always a plus no matter if you are getting benefits.  It ensures your account is always paid and up-to-date. 

You can pay buy buying vouchers you can buy and pay on the pm website.  You can also do it for calling the public mobile number. 

On your account online the options are there. Matter of preference. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AK32 

It is easier to leave it on autopay otherwise you will have to make a manual payment just before renewal to add money to your Available Funds. If you ask an agent to remove your cc you will have to reenter again to make a payment each time.

Need Help? Let's chat.