cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't realize phone plan was cancelled; i need to reactivate - please help!

hashimsha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I didn't realize my phone plan was cancelled with public mobile (credit card expired). I can still hear my old message playing in the background when I call my number. I don't know the exact date it was cancelled but the number is still active from the looks of it. I just want my old number back with the plan. 

Any way to get help with this? I'm trying to submit a ticket request but it's weird; it's asking some verification questions I don't have access to currently. 

20 REPLIES 20

@hashimsha    Good to hear you've managed to add the voucher successfully and have your account activated now.  Now you have some time to update your payment information before the next renewal. 

It's recommended to clear cache/cookies and use private/incognito mode to login into the account as there's all sorts of caching issues since PM updated it a few months ago.

@hashimsha wrote:

Thank you! I did exactly this and it saved my phone number. Just have to figure how out to update the info now

HI @hashimsha   now, you need to get into My Account and go to Payment page to update the credit card there

can you login to My Account?  Start with trying Reset Password.  Put in your email address and if you got the reset instructions, you are good, follow it to reset it

If not, just open ticket with CS agent and the will sort it out for you

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hashimsha

Thank you! I did exactly this and it saved my phone number. Just have to figure how out to update the info now

hashimsha

!! Thank you so much! I ran to get a voucher and it looks like it worked!! My number is saved. I just have to figure how to update the payment information on my account now 

@BKNS27- Are you familiar with the little "in response to username" thing under Mayor (in your case if on desktop). You can click on it to see which post the reply was clicked on. Of course I could have quoted your post and highlighted the question but... 🙂

@dust2dust 

LoL, I though you meant about the hacking comments.

@BKNS27- ??? I think I was questioning this:

If it is less than 90 days, your security PIN and answers to your security question you picked.

@dust2dust 

Amended and removed the last comment.

@hashimsha 

If you suspect it is over 90 days, it will be a slim chance you can get it back but worth contacting a CS_Agent if you can retrieve it back.

As a curiosity, were you on the old $10 plan?

What are the first 6 digits of your phone number if you don't mind revealing the city it comes from. (that doesn't mean you're there).

611 and that toll free will also tell you things.

hashimsha

The last warning message I received was July 1/2022 which means June 2022 was not paid. I can't seem to login to my account right now but will try later. 

With the sim in a phone, can you call 611 and what is the recording? Or can you login to your account. Or from another phone call 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number and what is the recording.

Again, what was the date of that July text?

@hashimsha    Try adding a voucher by dialing 611.   They can be purchased from most retailers but 7/11, Shell, London Drugs and SDM don't seem to have a hold on the funds.  Or try recharge.com who will email you the PIN to load via 611. 

hashimsha

I have a feeling is it over >90 days which means my SIM was cancelled. 

If my number is on hold, does this mean there is still a way I can get my number back? If so, what can I do? 

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hashimsha 

send a private message to CS_Agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

@BKNS27- I'm not sure what your last sentence has to do with the issue.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hashimsha 

If your CC stopped payment over 90 days. Your account will be closed, SIM will be cancelled and your number will be put on hold for 90 days before it goes to a pool for others to pick.

If it is less than 90 days, your security PIN and answers to your security question you picked.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Best hurry up then. Can you login? Or use the 611 or toll free system to make a payment. Or login to the chatbot. Buy a voucher in many stores or online. Or run out to some stores to do real time payments.

What was the date of that alert?

hashimsha

It looks like June 2022 was the first month they didn't have payment; I still got an alert in July so I'd say June/July. The number is still active because I can still call it and hear my old voice mail. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When did you last pay? Can you login in to your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.