cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone UNSUBSCRIBE temporarily only to find out that there were charges in their account ?

Ella12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi to all,

I am very interested to know if there are other PM customers that used the feature of Unsubscribe while away for a few weeks ,only to find out that they were charged their monthly subscription.

The new PM interface doesn’t allow for removing the credit card payment method in order to make sure that you won’t be charged for the subscription while choosing to be away.

Thank you for sharing your experience about this .

13 REPLIES 13

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could also replace your "real" credit card with a zero balance (but valid) prepaid Vanilla Mastercard gift card number. Since there aren't enough funds on the card the renewal will just fail. Then as you want to reactivate the acount you can either add your "real" card again, or if you might want to suspend the account again in the near future, you can add the plan cost with a voucher.

If you are switching cards make sure that you do so on a "clean slate". If you log in on the web portal: clear cache and log in in private / incognito mode. If you use the app: log out, clear the recent app drawer and log in again.

@Ella12  Yes .just a toogle whithout any confirmed message from PM

Yes but it should say right where the toggle is that you are now unsubscribed.  Things are not usually confirmed by email, it's all in the account.

Ella12

Yes .just a toogle whithout any confirmed message from PM

Ella12

Indeed it’s concerning and time consuming also.when you have time please can you send me a link to any posts that you have read about this. Thank you 

@Phil_Adelphus  yes, that's what life has come to 📷

Ella12

Thanks for sharing .

Its important now to know that there is a pattern in this misleading feature “Subscribe-Unsubscribe “

@Ella12   I'm not sure I follow, a customer is subscribed by default, you have to go into your account and toggle it off if you don't want autopay - that's not what you did?

Ella12

Hi,

I did everything right but since there wasn’t a written confirmation in my email that I did Unsubscribe in a very strange way that Unsubscribed became Subscribed ( I did not do that action of Subsribing )so money will be taken from my credit card while being out of the country and of course not using PM .

I took a ticket hoping for a fair resolution .

@Sansan   I think the answer is to always take a screenshot when you change anything in your account!

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I have not had personal experience,  however I have seen a few posts recently that people have indicated that they did successful unsubscribed and they still continued to be billed.

It is concerning. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ella12   Unsubscribe should prevent further credit card deductions since it's basically stopping autopay but if there are available funds in the account that will be used to renew instead if there is enough to cover it.  When you toggle subscribed off it should say you are now unsubscribed.  Does it still say subscribed?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ella12 

Unsubscribe worked for me.  Did you properly logout after and check ?

if you did unsubscibe and got charged, ask support agent and see if they can do anything

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if you need remove credit card, you need to ask PM to do it for you

Need Help? Let's chat.