cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivation

Ifrah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone! 
I want to deactivate my services for 3 months. How can I do that? 
thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Be very mindful how close it is to the 90 days. For instance if you are starting the clock now but still have 10-15 days on your current renewal, you should be fine, but if you are going like 3.5 months and a very close to renewal date, you will have to at the very least activate again even if its only on the 15 plan. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ifrah if you are going with this suggestion,  make sure you mark the date and not miss it.  Maybe reactive no later than 85th days to give you time in case something wrong.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ifrah - 

"If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services.

You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume.

After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account."

So, just ensure you reactivate your plan a few days before the 90 days are up, just incase of a delay in re-activation.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just simply remove auto pay and once the suspend mode kicks in the clock starts. So, I would set a calendar reminder to renew the plan on around the 85th day.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Stop paying. Turn off autopay. If you have a balance to pay the plan then you'll need to use the lost/stolen to suspend. Be very sure to reactivate before the date that will appear in the upper blue. A day or two before in case of trouble.

Need Help? Let's chat.