cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing data away from wifi at home

pirateinuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody have thoughts about a plan that, on the one hand, has data as part of the plan but, on the other hand, my wife -- with her PM phone -- indeed cannot access said data away from the home wifi?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk  - just checking... is her data option turned on in the settings of her device?

If so, then check that there is data left on her plan by checking that the data line shows up.

If it does not show up that normally means data has been used up for this particular cycle:

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

If you have data left you could also try perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

You can connect your wife to your data if you have lots of data by Personal Hotspot or connect to free Shaw Go Wifi or #Telus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pirateinuk 

What brand and model is the phone?

Try a network reset and see if it helps.

Some phones , like LG, you might even needs a Factory Reset to get it working

@pirateinuk wrote:

Anybody have thoughts about a plan that, on the one hand, has data as part of the plan but, on the other hand, my wife -- with her PM phone -- indeed cannot access said data away from the home wifi?

@pirateinuk wrote:

If mobile data has never worked, I see as a likely APN setting issue.  Start by reviewing this article:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.