cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Dybakes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is anyone having issues with large amounts of data being used when not using the phone?  289.28 MB's was used at 12.11 am when I was not using the phone and it was on wifi at home.  With not having a lot of data it eats it up pretty quick.

4 REPLIES 4

Dybakes

The large amounts of data are once a month in the middle of the night when the phone is not in use and background app refresh is off.  This also happened on my other son's phone so is for a sure a Public Mobile issue.  We've had to up their plans because of it to make sure they aren't without data.  It's very frustrating.  We're going to start turning them right off at night from now on

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Possibly data was used because maybe in your phone settings you have enabled "Automatically use cellular data when Wi-Fi connectivity is poor". Check your phone settings under Cellular and make sure to disable this feature.

Dybakes

I see small amounts of data used during the day and posted but once or twice a month it shows lots used in the early morning.  We only have the small plan and have cellular turned off of everything and only use wifi so it doesn't make sense. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dybakes 

Public mobile reported data usage once or twice a day usually early in the morning.  It summarizes the data usage for that one day period.  

Need Help? Let's chat.