cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

North16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When walking does my fitness app and another app that I listen to (audiobooks, meditations, etc) use data? Almost reached my data limit for the month. 

4 REPLIES 4

Mister_E
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What device do you have?

Most devices have a data usage feature that can inform you of the amount of data you've used and break it down by app usage as well.

Search your settings for data usage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@North16 , expect all apps to use data to do synching and various things in the background.  For podcasts, it should be possible to download episodes while at home connected to WiFi.  I believe it is possible to control app background data usage.  That said, the amount of background data is pretty small.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you stand alone apps - not needing Internet then none of those apps will use your data UNLESS you keep data on all the time and THEN all these aps Will connect to see 'what is new' or sync steps with server.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you have cell data on and streaming things from the internet then of course it uses data. You might want to trim down all the apps that use data in the background. And set OS and app updates to only run when on wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.