cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Soi24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I haven’t gone outside all week and used my data but today it said you have used 95% of you data so I don’t know what happened.

15 REPLIES 15

@Soi24 wrote:

I had no updates and they prioritize wifi before data right?

@Soi24  - on my particular phone I go in to the settings of each app and TURN OFF "Allow background data usage" for all of them.

Even connected to Wi-fi there are some apps that can use data in the background.

It is possible for mobile data and Wi-fi connection to be used at the same time; so it is important to set the settings on your device to prevent accidental data usage.

Soi24

Thanks for helping me!

@Soi24 wrote:

How do i contact them?

@Soi24  - 

Methods to contact CSA them are found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But feel your phone settings may give you more answers than the CSA.

@Soi24 That is up to your phone. If you have the options turned on to switch automatically to data then that could also be what used your data as mentioned earlier.

Soi24

How do i contact them?

@Soi24 wrote:

8AD9D4B5-133A-4309-933B-ED386EB745D3.jpeg

@Soi24  - are you sure you have your Data option turned off? Check your setting to be sure.

Go into the settings of your phone, could be found under CONNECTIONS, then DATA USAGE, then MOBILE DATA USAGE. (do not choose Wi-fi Data Usage, that is different).

From there scroll down to see this apps that are using the most data.

The settings are different in different models, so that above is just a guide. If you share your model someone can assist to help guide you where to find this information.

Justinj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Either you left it on accidentally or the message was a mistake or accident. Check your data usage in your self-serve account, or contact the customer support team.

Soi24

I had no updates and they prioritize wifi before data right?

@Soi24 : Those are accumulated quantities and they're behind reality. They just get added twice a day. Check your phone for what used anything excess. OS update? App updates?

Soi24

8AD9D4B5-133A-4309-933B-ED386EB745D3.jpeg

Soi24

It says yesterday i used 1589mb of data at noon when i was eating lunch. I had wifi.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

As what @Meow says.....check your usage.......check your My Account main page for amount left. Perhaps email/text was errant. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What your self-serving account says, how much data do you have/used?

See what my usage says even though I did not have data on on these days:

Meow_0-1647795716813.png

Soi24

I did left my data off when i’m at home.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Phone must be in a dead spot for wifi and switched to use data. I only have the $15 plan with 250gb of data. I leave my data OFF  all the time and only turn on when needed and then back off. I also control by the switches offered, what apps and operations can use data. 

I never use up my data allotment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.