cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage summary error

Kojak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have noticed a few times now that the summary data usage is WAY more than my actual usage on the detailed page for the current month's cycle.  And I see that others have noticed the same.  What is going on?  And how to I correct?  It's a little bit frustrating.

7 REPLIES 7

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've had the details explained to me. The network works in 100MB chunks, as soon as your phone connects to the network it gets a 100MB chunk. The usage overview almost immediately will show this 100MB as used. But it doesn't appear in the history. The phone will use that chunk till it runs out of data or disconnects. If it runs out it gets another one, if it disconnects it returns the unused remainder. If you turn data off on your phone, power off your phone etc., the usage overview will quickly drop the extra 100MB allocated to the phone and show actual usage. As soon as you connect again, 100MB is added to the data usage. So when your phone is online it is pretty much always showing 100MB over.

Since this wasn't happening before, it seems like they updated the user interface and it now shows this reserved/allocated data as used immediately even though it hasn't been used yet.

yeej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same issue.  I just checked my account and it says I already used up my 250mb and it went and took data from my bonus account.  But I calculated and I only used 155mb during my payment period.  I am not sure what's going on.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is some issue that is showing 100MB extra.

Kojak

Thank you very much hTideGnow.  Appreciate your expertice.  Have a good Labour Day Monday.

HI @Kojak 

some believe it is a buffer (which is normal for all carriers).  But the buffer usage used to be within 5Mb, 100Mb is still nothing for people with 10GB , but with 250Mb, it is a lot.  So, ask PM to check

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Kojak

I am on the 250 meg plan.  Cycle is Aug 17 to Sep 16 (currently).  Summary says I have used all 250 meg, detail adds up to 131.  that is WAY more per  my calcs

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kojak 

how much is "way more"?  if it is just 100Mb, it could be "normal" or just a new glich PM will fix

if it is way more than 100Mb, then you need to start tracking on your phone for a week and then show PM the proof.  Give us more details

Need Help? Let's chat.