cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage not resetting

terrahughes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone else having a problem with their data usage not resetting after pymt has been made through auto-pay?

I like to keep track of the data I use and when it doesn't reset after receiving the pymt for my plan, it's really hard to keep track. Also, yes I know I can set it up on my actual cell phone to track my usage, but prefer to see it through the actual provider 

45 REPLIES 45

@terrahughes 

Are you saying you haven't viewed an MMS or sent one either? While MMS does not use data from your plan data allotment your phone has to connect to the server. This where the buffer comes into play. Leave your data off. Toggle airplane mode on/off. Now check your plan data counter. Is it back down to 1mb and a bit? The 1mb will be used by OS apps or apps like facebook or the google play store. Heck I have 16.30kb used by hang outs this month that I have never used and doesn't even work anymore!

terrahughes

That would be a perfect answer but there's one problem... I haven't used ANY data since I made my pymt!!! It wasn't even turned on!!!!

terrahughes

Also the 0/500 for minutes doesn't get used because of my actual plan!!! I added that for a different reason!!!

terrahughes

Both data are supposed to reset at every pymt, and I didn't use any data at all since I made my pymt... All those data usage amounts are from oct 19-nov 19.

@terrahughes 

Your 1GB DATA ADD ON is a cumulative it won't reset. Your minute and plan data are normal. Public mobile has a 5mb buffer when you connect to mobile data. It resets each night or when you toggle airplane mode on/off. So you have used a little over 1mb this month which will likely will be reflected in your phone's app data usage under your OS "app".

@terrahughes   what did not reset?  your minute is 0/500, and your data is 6.339/1024, it looks ok.

terrahughes

I know it's supposed to reset after pymt has been made and received, but it hasn't been! It's been doing this since I set my account up for auto-pay. 

Screenshot_20211120-155104.png

@sunshinemaple 

A screenshot would be helpful.....

• Regular plan data should reset at midnight eastern upon renewal.
  • Bonus recurring plan data should also reset. This is found on the overview page under "my promotions" on the right side with either "unlimited" or month counter indicating the length of the promotional data will last such as 6 months (1/6, 2/6 etc....)
  • Bonus data add ons or regular data add ons or gifted data add ons do not reset but rather carry over each 30 days. Specific promotional data add ons will also appear under "my promotions" with a data counter and 1/1 beside them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunshinemaple : How about a screenshot of your overview page so we can see what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

@sunshinemaple  You meant the counter from My Account->Overview Tab under My Data & Add-ons?  

And you are able to use the data and minute without issue?  does it look like just the counter on the web not reset and update but the system actually reset and gave you the data/minute of this new cycle?

Since you paid a week already and count not reset ,  I think it is time to contact PM and see if they notice any issue:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

sunshinemaple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the usage still shows what I used last month (before my payment was auto-withdrawn) on Nov. 20

sunshinemaple

Thanks for your prompt reply. The issue is with "data not resetting" after payment/new month. The payment date was on Nov. 20. 

@sunshinemaple  when is the payment renewal date?  is it just today (Sat, Nov 27)?

sunshinemaple

yup, I'm having the same issue that data usage not resetting after payment/new month.

terrahughes

No, it won't reset at all on its own, yes I have contacted customer support and nothing has changed as a result.

terrahughes

Yes, I have contacted customer support... And have gotten nowhere as a result!!! They say it's fixed and reset on the website, which is wrong, because it's still showing what I used last month (before my pymt was made)

terrahughes

Ya I could check data used through my phone itself.... But FOR ME (used to be) it was easier to go on my account through my providers website to check!!!

Even if I set my phone up to keep an eye on my data used, it would be completely wrong now, wouldn't it!!!

Besides that.... the Data usage counter on the phone itself would not be able to know that when I send a pic through msg it doesn't use my Data up lol... So it would be completely useless!

@terrahughes 

It won't reset on its own....have you contacted customer support?

terrahughes

No... Because every other payment my data usage always restarted the usage count!!!!!

terrahughes

Ya, it's been 2 days and still showing data usage from Oct 19-Nov 19!!!

terrahughes

My data usage is still showing what I used between Oct 19-Nov 19.... Not showing what I've been using since my payment came out on Nov 19th (2 days ago).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Announcements category.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@terrahughes...could this possibly be the promo that you signed up for. Looks like you got an extra 1 Gb of data ..for 8 months.

Lunar New Year Offer

[Edited on Feb 22, 2021 - Offer entry extended to Feb 28, 2021]

Holy cow! You keep track of all promos? 🙂

@terrahughes 

The daily usage pages report your data usage in two 12 hour blocks. This will result in a delay of actual usage which is reported in real time on your overview and add on usage page.

Did you use the lost/stolen trick? If so this causes a glitch at renewal of your rewards not applying. If you did suspend your service you will have to again contact customer support to have them applied after your plan renews.

@terrahughes what is it showing on the usage history for the last 2 days?  you see it said you used 2GB?

And, are you on Android or iPhone.  I want to see if you can easily check the data used from your phone

terrahughes

🤦🏼‍♀️ it's nothing to do with the data itself!!! It's to do with when my pymt (payment) was taken out yesterday, my cell phone talk plan refreshed back to normal (as in so my service wouldn't be suspended) but my data usage on the self serve screen (screen you log into to see your overview of your calls, data usage, payment, etc) did not go back to 1 GB available and the 3G data 500mb+500mb (which equals another 1gb of data) also did not go back to saying I have 1 GB available on it either... Both are still saying I used data in the last 24 hours when I haven't!!!!!!!!!!

@terrahughes wrote:

No it has nothing to do with that

It was worth asking the question. Please let us know the outcome...in case this issue crops up again sometime.

Good luck.

terrahughes

No it has nothing to do with that

@terrahughes...could this possibly be the promo that you signed up for. Looks like you got an extra 1 Gb of data ..for 8 months.

Lunar New Year Offer

[Edited on Feb 22, 2021 - Offer entry extended to Feb 28, 2021]

Hey Community! 

To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get a 1GB data bonus every month for 8 months, plus a one-time add on of 500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau long distance minutes on select plans. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrahughes : Being a Special member 🙂 maybe you can post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.