cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage not resetting

terrahughes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone else having a problem with their data usage not resetting after pymt has been made through auto-pay?

I like to keep track of the data I use and when it doesn't reset after receiving the pymt for my plan, it's really hard to keep track. Also, yes I know I can set it up on my actual cell phone to track my usage, but prefer to see it through the actual provider 

45 REPLIES 45

@hairbag1 wrote:

@terrahughes wrote:

Yes, I know how to use the website, I know how to check through self serve... I know what I used for my data every single month/30days and what I used it on... That is NOT my issue! My issue is... My pymt came out yesterday and my data usage is still saying I have less than my plan data left and I have 1gb with my plan and 1 GB extra every plan cycle... Which totals to 2 GB for data for every plan cycle... SO MY ISSUE is... My plan data when my pymt came out yesterday did NOT refresh itself back to the normal full1gb and the extra normal full 1gb!!!

Was the 1Gb of extra data a limited time feature ...or was it supposed to be on your plan forever ? Some of them had limited life-spans..depending on when you got it. Can you recall when you signed up ?

@terrahughes    You're sure that extra data wasn't a time limited promo offer, perhaps 6 months depending on the terms of the offer at activation?

Edit:  Looks like you've been a member of the Community since Sept/2019, so if you've had this bonus data since then, then it certainly seems something went awry after this month's payment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrahughes 

how you getting 1GB extra every plan cycle ?
all plan with +BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay..

@terrahughes 

Yes not unheard of....and smart of you to keep on top of your data. I take screenshots the day before and after renewal of my overview page for just this reason so it's easy to show a CSA that the data has not reset. (Although it has never happened to my account.) They will however be able to see thru your daily usage pages that the data has not been used.

@terrahughes wrote:

Yes, I know how to use the website, I know how to check through self serve... I know what I used for my data every single month/30days and what I used it on... That is NOT my issue! My issue is... My pymt came out yesterday and my data usage is still saying I have less than my plan data left and I have 1gb with my plan and 1 GB extra every plan cycle... Which totals to 2 GB for data for every plan cycle... SO MY ISSUE is... My plan data when my pymt came out yesterday did NOT refresh itself back to the normal full1gb and the extra normal full 1gb!!!

Was the 1Gb of extra data a limited time feature ...or was it supposed to be on your plan forever ? Some of them had limited life-spans..depending on when you got it. Can you recall when you signed up ?

terrahughes

Thank you, I'll try that and see if it works.

terrahughes

@darlicious Thank You very much! You 100% completely explained why my promotional data did not reset when my pymt was made, that was 1 issue I was asking about, appreciate it very much 😊

terrahughes

@terrahughes 

How long have you been waiting for a reply from the CSA?

@terrahughes wrote:

I have already sent a private message to customer service, noone has gotten back to me as of yet, which is the reasoning of me posting in the forum 😊 thanks though 

@terrahughes    While you wait, perhaps try the lost/stolen trick (not sure it will work).  Click the Plans/Add-ons, then Lost/Stolen and then Suspend service.  Log out and back in again after a couple of mins and this time Resume service, lot out and restart the phone.  This does a soft reprovision of the account/SIM and might help reset the data, though not really sure.. 😊

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@terrahughes 

If your data counter is not resetting upon renewal you will have to contact customer support to have it reset. If it has happened more than once then you should have the CSA open a ticket  with the tech team to investigate why this is reoccurring on your account.

Data counters reset upon renewal at midnight eastern. Only plan data and bonus reoccurring plan data will reset. Data add ons or promotional bonus data add ons do not reset rather carry over each 30 days until completely consumed.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "account related issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrahughes 

you can go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, full history Data usage but the post every 24hr...

terrahughes

I have already sent a private message to customer service, noone has gotten back to me as of yet, which is the reasoning of me posting in the forum 😊 thanks though 

terrahughes

I already re-booted my phone, I do know how to do that stuff... And more.... My cell plan cycle and date cycle was the 19th of this month, which means... My data should have renewed itself by now. Also.. I know I didn't use ANY data in the last day and I know I didn't because I don't have it turned on lol, I never go over my Data... 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@terrahughes wrote:

Is anyone else having a problem with their data usage not resetting after pymt has been made through auto-pay?

I like to keep track of the data I use and when it doesn't reset after receiving the pymt for my plan, it's really hard to keep track. Also, yes I know I can set it up on my actual cell phone to track my usage, but prefer to see it through the actual provider 

@terrahughes   That has been known to happen occasionally in which case you need to submit a ticket via the chatbot bottom right to customer support so that they can correct the missing data for you.

Edit:  Here's a link to the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or you can try private messaging CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrahughes 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Need Help? Let's chat.