cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage discrepancy

ariesrising
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan (1GB data at 3G) renewed on the 19th and I logged into my account today and it's showing that I've used all of my data for the month. I reset my cellular data when the plan renewed and my phone is showing that I've used 324MB. A lot of the data usage on the account is showing at 12am and times when my phone is either off or connected to wifi. Any guesses what is happening?

I haven't gotten an email or text alert that I've hit my data limit either (but that could be because I do have some bonus GBs in the account).

6 REPLIES 6

ariesrising
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Spinner refresh worked, thank you!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ariesrising 

I'll address your last question first.

The data displays and gets posted in self-serve TWICE daily for the buckets consumed within the prior 12-hour period.  So when you see it posted, it's for the 12-hour period up to that posting time.

As far as the accuracy of what you're seeing - likely a caching issue and perhaps you're seeing an outdated version of the data counter.   PM's self-serve site is horrible at caching and displays prior information as opposed to updated information at every login.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ariesrising 

Please note that PM is on a 30 day cycle not a monthly cycle. Your renewal date is shorten approximately 2 months.

Your phone data app is on a monthly cycle so it won’t match.

The most reliable data is on your account and the data is updated twice a day. Around midnight and midday.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ariesrising 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the usage you got was not up to date

An easy way is to click the Spinner on the bottom right of the section to force a refresh.

If you don't see an updated usage still, try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari) or try again with a completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome or try on another device.  You should then see the latest info from the server.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ariesrising 

try this....

refresh.jpg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ariesrising   

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674516331126.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.