cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming is not working

smanikav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have just signed up for Canada- US 50Gig plan and my roming data is not working in US.  How can I get this resolved?

Sutharshan 

5 REPLIES 5

smanikav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @hTideGnow,

Thank  you so much and it is now working.

Cheers,

Sutha

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You're probably connected to AT&T 5G, which doesn't work for us. I personally prefer to leave my Network Selection to AUTOMATIC and change my PREFERRED NETWORK to 4G/LTE to avoid connecting to AT&T 5G. But you can also manually connect to T-Mobile if you like.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @smanikav 

Go into your network settings. Choose T-Mobile as that works best. Then also make sure your data roaming is turned on. Then reboot the phone. If you don't know how to do this, let me know if you have an Android or iPhone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smanikav 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @smanikav 

make sure you are connected to T-Mobile or AT&T.  Use manual connection if needed.  Try both and see which one work

Don't use 5G, change it back to 4G 

and of course, you need to enable Mobile roaming data on your phone for it to work

Need Help? Let's chat.