cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data reset

Peter369
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello on May 18th I made a payment to Public mobile for $39.20 and my data usage did not reset to 0 and now it is saying I have used it all up. I renewed my $35 plan on the $18th so I should have lots of data and minutes left. Please fix this. Thank you.

Peter Holm

Visa

May 18, 2022PUBLIC MOBILE

$39.20

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Or ensure your email notifications is enabled in your profile settings.

You can then ask for your data counter to be reset or our plan renewed....not quite sure which is needed as you haven't answered those questions but regardless you have contacted customer support so you can get it sorted out with them.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Peter369

This should not be this complicated. I found out how to private message them. They have 24 hours to reset the data counter or I got with a different service provider. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 

Did you do both steps to purchase the add on? Add funds first then choose, confirm and submit your payment to purchase the add on? Do you see it listed on your overview page? If you do log out and reboot your phone. If you don't check your transaction history to see if the purchase is listed ( not just your top up payment). If you don't see it go back to the add ons page and purchase it.

When is your next renewal scheduled to occur?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Peter369

I purchased A 1GB as well and it is still not working. I don't live in a place where there is wifi so I can't hang out here for 24 hours waiting for my "ticket" to be responded. This is why I need a data plan. If the issue has not been resolved in 24 hours I am getting a sim card with a different provider and canceling all automatic top ups with Public Mobile.

HI @Peter369 

We all try to help if you can provide us more information.  

and Yes, you might not need to contact CS agent, depends on what you are trying to do. But It is important that you  provide us more information so we can advise accordingly

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 

When is your renewal supposed to occur? When you run out of data mid cycle you have 3 ways of getting more data.

Buy a data add on ($15/1gb). This is a one time purchase staying on your account rolling over every 30 days until completely depleted. This is a good choice if you are a low dsta user or only need a few days until renewal.

Renew early. Add funds. Choose your plan. Pick change plan immediately. You forfeit the old plan/cycle and start a new 30 day cycle. Or renew your current plan early. This can only done by customer support. Ensure the funds are in your account and contact customer support.

Edit:

If you hate Simon like I do choose the second option below and read the spoiler.

Moved:

Removed inapprpropriate message as per terms of service

@Peter369 wrote:

I used up all my minutes and data so I bought another $35 a month plan. I could use my phone call and use data but the data counter did not reset and it said I have used it all and now I can't use data.

HI @Peter369    Did you make the plan change or if you are always on the $35 plan?

If you are always on the $35 plan, making a payment would not renew your plan early.  You will have to open a ticket with PM CS agent.   

So, check if your My Account showing Available Fund = $35.  Check if your Amount Due date is in the next 1 or 2 weeks  and not 30 days later. 

If true, you have not renew your plan yet and hence data not work.  Please open a ticket with CS Agent.  It is a quick process and they can renew for you quickly

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 

Do you have $35 in your available funds? Do you have a renewal date of June 17th?

Peter369

I used up all my minutes and data so I bought another $35 a month plan. I could use my phone call and use data but the data counter did not reset and it said I have used it all and now I can't use data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Peter369   Do you know we are just customers like you?  We are trying to help and try to walk you through the steps.  To reset the counter, there is no way other than opening a ticket with CS Agent

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is very rare although some customers have said they had to deal with it, if it never restarted a CSA should be able to manually address this for you 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 

Double check your data usage by adding up the two daily 12 hour blocks of data usage reported in your daily usage pages. Once you know your approximate usage for the past 6 days contact customer support and ask them to reset your data counter. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When was your actual renewal date? May 18th? Did you get SMS from 611 that you are good to go?

Default data should reset on renewal date. Little bit more info is needed to understand your situation.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Peter369 hi check in your self serve account under my data and add ons to see if it has been used up if you disagree  you will need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to an customer service agent they will help you

Click here 

Need Help? Let's chat.