cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate plan

junglemonkey-98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I no longer wan't my phone carrier to be public mobile, how do I cancel it?

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @junglemonkey-98   if you are not porting out your number and you have the old reward system,  you might want to consider to have someone to take over your plan.   Because the old rewards system is a lot better, some people are looking to take over old accounts

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is key as there have been some glitches where the card still gets charged even after ppl have moved on if autopay and a card is still on (even very rare instances where autopay is deactivated but the card isn't removed) Now you can get a refund for this but it is a hassle to deal with

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98  

Porting your public mobile number to another provider cancels your account here. Recommended to remove any payment card attached first.

OR, remove the payment card, if one is attached, and then after 90 days of nonpayment your account will automatically close.

If you have enough funds to renew your plan, list your phone into lost/stolen status. 90 days nonpay status all closed and number is gone to you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98 

The best is to port your number over to another carrier and your account will be closed.

Make sure your remove your CC and AutoPay from your account so no further money will pay for your next bill before porting over to another carrier.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Stop paying. Remove your credit card. If you have a balance then run it out. Or you can port your number out to close the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.