cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data promotion

Mcmillan1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the promotion specials a one time thing ?  Do they reset each month or once used up that free gb, it’s no more.
I originally purchased 5 gb and received a special promotion of 5more. 
on my bill it’s showing I’ve use so much of the free one when I haven’t even finished using all the first 5gb

7 REPLIES 7

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM is great because once your burn through your 5GB you will not be able to use more so they can't charge you. Some people may like that but others don't because you really can't use data. 

Glad you got your answer and welcome to PM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mcmillan1987 

Yes, the 5gb is a one time promo, when you use up the 5gb plan then it will consume the 5gb bonus data. All unused bonus data will continue to roll over to the following month.

PM is postpaid plan so if you use up your data then you will need to purchase add-on data within your 30 days plan.

I hope this helps.

Mcmillan1987

Thank you

@Mcmillan1987 wrote:

Thank you! That makes sense!

also, is public mobile like the pay as you go. If I use all my 30-data before the 30 days, does it charge me extra until the monthly renewal or does it just shut down the data. I’m just scared of going over my data and not realizing!

@Mcmillan1987   PM is prepaid so no overages but yes your data would just be cut off once you've consumed all of your plan's allotment before renewal.    Although if you have your bonus data/add-on data available, then you would just start using that after depleting the plan data.   

You can always  purchase more add-on data since it's non-expiry as back up data for the times you've consumed all your plan data, if necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

and your promotion monthly bonus or for one-time.

If you used all your data for 30 days, is will shut down the data,

don't be scared at public mobile no charge extra for anything.

if you getting a monthly bonus for 5GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and service Activate , if you change your plan you will losing monthly bonus, you know.

Good Luck

Mcmillan1987

Thank you! That makes sense!

also, is public mobile like the pay as you go. If I use all my 30-data before the 30 days, does it charge me extra until the monthly renewal or does it just shut down the data. I’m just scared of going over my data and not realizing!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mcmillan1987 : When did you activate? The 5gb is probably one-time. How it works here, unlike most other providers, is your plan data gets used at renewal. Then if you use it all during the term then it will use the one-time (add-on) data. Then when you renew, it will step back and your plan data will get used again etc. until you no longer have any of the add-on left.

Need Help? Let's chat.