cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data portion of plan not working.

SJYokel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had a problem with my daughters phone plan for several months now. She is able to use talk and text but the data prtion of the plan does not work. I have tried messing with all the settings including full network resets and all the APN settings variants. She recieved a new iphone XR fro Christmas and the same problem exists. Her brother and sister have iphones with the same settings and recieve data without a problem. All of them are on the $25.00 plan. The moderators have suggested all the usual steps without success. Could the SIM card be the issue?

10 REPLIES 10

@SJYokel wrote:

Thanks to everyone who chipped in on this. I worked on settings for the phone and finally resorted to erasing the phone and avoiding the backup to enable data. I went through all the settings 20 times and reset the network setting twice but I couldnt get it working. 

Phone works fine now and most of the important content was restored via icloud. 

Great to hear you've got it going! But I'm sure you said earlier you tried that SIM in a different phone and it didn't work there either? That seems odd that a reset of the original phone would solve the issue... Just wanted to clarify, as your resolution may help others in the future.

SJYokel

Thanks to everyone who chipped in on this. I worked on settings for the phone and finally resorted to erasing the phone and avoiding the backup to enable data. I went through all the settings 20 times and reset the network setting twice but I couldnt get it working. 

Phone works fine now and most of the important content was restored via icloud. 

@SJYokel wrote:

I am working with Mods again to double check on provisioning. The card worked originally. and there is plenta of data available. The counter hasnt moved in months. Card was purchased at a retailer. 

@SJYokel, if it ends up being a provisioning issue where you have been paying for data but not been able to access it you should ask the moderators for compensation for that part of lost service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SJYokel

I am working with Mods again to double check on provisioning. The card worked originally. and there is plenta of data available. The counter hasnt moved in months. Card was purchased at a retailer. 

@SJYokel wrote:

Yes. it doesnt work in any of the other kids phones. 

When you login to the self serve do you see data as part of the plan?  It seems weird that everything is working but data.  Data has been turned on in the settings of the phone correct?  The sim doesn't have data in any other phone either, I think it is a plan provisioning thing I don't know how it could have all features working but data to be a sim card issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SJYokel wrote:

I have had a problem with my daughters phone plan for several months now. She is able to use talk and text but the data prtion of the plan does not work. I have tried messing with all the settings including full network resets and all the APN settings variants. She recieved a new iphone XR fro Christmas and the same problem exists. Her brother and sister have iphones with the same settings and recieve data without a problem. All of them are on the $25.00 plan. The moderators have suggested all the usual steps without success. Could the SIM card be the issue?

@SJYokel  Is it possible your daughter used up all her data? To confirm access her selfserve account and check to make sure the data counter is showing. If not, it means her data was used up.

Edit: Also make sure that WiFi is configured properly on her phone to avoid using her plan data in the future.

Hi @SJYokel 

Can you talk to moderators and ask them if they can verify is it sim or her account. Where did you get her sim? Did data ever work on it?

SJYokel

Yes. it doesnt work in any of the other kids phones. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SJYokelhave you tried the SIM card in another phone?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try swapping sims to see if data works.

Need Help? Let's chat.