cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

jayphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data stopped working completely a few weeks ago.  I assumed I’d accidentally maxed my limit and that once my plan renewed it would be back.  My plan renewed yesterday and still no luck so I finally looked into it and I have lots of data still (the new month plus unused add-one).  Anyone else/what do I do?  

Edit: problem solved, feeling a little silly since I forgot rule #1 of any tech problem - turn it off and on.  All fixed now haha 🙈.  Thanks y’all.  

7 REPLIES 7

@Meow wrote:

I would say, good practice will be to turn phone off/on at least once in 24 hours.

I agree.  some newer phone has Automatic restart setting.  I have that set to restart every night

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I would say, good practice will be to turn phone off/on at least once in 24 hours.

@jayphone   No worry, we are happy that your issue is now resolved  🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jayphone 

Which model phone do you have?  Anything new with your phone?  Any recent updates? I assume talk and text work are working fine.  

A few basic troubleshooting advice:

1. Reboot phone

2. Network reset of phone

3. Toggle airplane mode on, then off

You can also try the SIM card in another phone.  That helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

jayphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay so as I was posting this I realized duh.. I should try turning my phone completely off and on.  I finished the post and then immediately did that.  Problem solved hahaha.  Feeling silly haha.  Thanks for your tip/advice anyhow 🙂 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jayphone   Are you on iOS or Android?

If Android, check if your phone has a data limit set and the month start date got mixed up.  This could cause data being stopped on the device level

Need Help? Let's chat.