cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

KarHam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been a public mobile customer for a while. Just used my phone in another country with a pre paid sim to avoid roaming charges. When putting in my public mobile sim again after vacation I can make calls but don’t have data (I can only connect to my wifi at home). Have tried toggling airplane mode on/off, restarted phone, and reset the network settings. My settings show cellular data is on and public mobile is the network provider. Nothing seems to work. Can someone help please? Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KarHam 

You need to update your carrier profile. First check to see if there's any software updates then if possible connect to iTunes to update your carrier profile.

Here's more info on APN's and iOS....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118

Settings, Mobile data, Mobile data network, apn

Set to sp.mb.com

KarHam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you - where would I find apn settings on I phone 11?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@KarHam 

hi if there are any apn settings from the overseas provider delete the apn settings and then do a network reset.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If Android perhaps your APN settings got changed from the other provider. What make and model if so?

If iphone, connect to wifi and go to settings general about to make sure you have the carrier profile of here.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Dial 611 from that phone to hear the current status of your account.

Log in to your account to see if you have any data to use...maybe it's used up until next renewal data.

Need Help? Let's chat.