cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working in iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.4.1 (20E252)

ja9co
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've turned off or switched my phone to airplane mode, then turn on cellular data, but my data still isn't working. I still have 127.79 MB of data left. I own an iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.4.1 (20E252). This has been going on for more than a week. Help?

15 REPLIES 15

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ja9co 

Did you say airplane mode is activated?

@ja9co and no carrier profile to update??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ja9co    Ask customer support to see what's happening if all the suggestions have not helped. 

You can submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message (if above option does not work) to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  @ja9co    BTW, did you reboot the phone after setting it to 3G network mode?

ja9co

Switched to 3G now, but my data still isn't working.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ja9co   It's good to rule it out and yes it's possible that it's the 5G setting as mentioned by softech as I'm sure it's been mentioned in prior posts as an issue.

ja9co

No data limit set.

@ja9co that could be the problem.  We don't need and cannot have 5G set there

see if this helps (idea is to disable 5G Auto )

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-stop-iphone-switching-4g-5g/

ja9co

I selected 3G, but it automatically defaults to "5G on" in Cellular Data Options. Still not working.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ja9co    Have you set a data limit on the phone?  That would stop access to data once it's reached the limit threshold.

@ja9co again, voice is working right?

Check if you have any carrier profile to update

and you tried changing the network mode? Try 4G and 3G, And make sure not to choose 5G as it is confirmed it will have problem here with that selection 

ja9co

Yes, I did this as well, and I still have 126.79 MB left. Data is still not working.

@ja9co   again check Usage again using Incognito mode to confirm you really have the data still

Also, check your network mode, unselect 5G if it is current selected.  Try 4G (or LTE) first, if it still does not work, try 3G

ja9co

Resetting network settings didn't work for me. I did this a couple of times already.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ja9co  The site has some cache issue and you could be still seeling old, outdated data usage 

Please login My Account using Private mode on Safari to confirm once more about the data left.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ja9co 

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Also, ensure you are seeing the accurate data usage in your My Account. Log into your account via a tab in incognito mode. Or, call 611 to check data balances (these will include any remaining plan or addon amounts left).

Need Help? Let's chat.