cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limits during confinement

cairns13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is PublicMobile considering giving additional data GBs for their members free of charge during the pandemic?   Sure would be appreciated!

39 REPLIES 39

cairns13

Ahhh okay thanks.  Yeah I may have to do that.  Good plan thanks!

cairns13

Thanks. I’m on the $40 plan and have used half the limit in 8 days!   Once it’s done I’ll be done with internet until my end of month rolls around.  

@cairns13 wrote:

I am confined to my boyfriends house since returning from Mexico and he has no internet currently where he lives.  Satellite service is available and I’ve ordered it but no installation scheduled due to the virus.   Just thought I’d put it out there since Bell and Rogers have lifted data caps.  

@cairns13 Fair enough. Had a friend in that situation a while back and cellular service was much cheaper than satellite. He opted for the $50 plan to get the lowest cost data, and then renewed that plan early whenever he ran out.  Have you considered doing that?

BTW: think that Rogers/Bell/Telus no cap data is on household service not cellular.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cairns13 

@cairns13 wrote:

I am confined to my boyfriends house since returning from Mexico and he has no internet currently where he lives.  Satellite service is available and I’ve ordered it but no installation scheduled due to the virus.   Just thought I’d put it out there since Bell and Rogers have lifted data caps.  

You might be lucky and Public mobile might offer cheap or free data, but I doubt it.  Public mobile usually matches other tier 3 companies like Lucky mobile, Chatr, etc.  

If you ran out of data, you could either buy a data add on 1GB for $30.  You could also change plans immediately to another plan with larger data add on (ie. $40 for 5.5 gb or $50 for 8 GB).  You will lose whatever is remaining on your present plan.

cairns13

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cairns13 What is your specific problem? Why are you using more data at home than usual?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cairns13  Here's essentially all thats being done by internet and telecommunication providers to help us during these trying times. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data/m-p/516436/highlight/true#M67469

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@cairns13 wrote:

Is PublicMobile considering giving additional data GBs for their members free of charge during the pandemic?   Sure would be appreciated!

If you are out in public use Shaw hotspots for free internet. Over 100000 hotspots.

To support Canadians Shaw is giving complimentary access to its Shaw Go Wifi network hotspots, whether they are a customer or not, the company said in a statement.”

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cairns13 wrote:

Is PublicMobile considering giving additional data coverage during the pandemic?   Sure would be appreciated!

@cairns13    Yes that would be nice, unfortunately nothing has been announced to date, but we can hope they might sometime soon.

Edit:  Actually I think it would be good if PM just offered the current data add-ons at a discounted price, ie: half price :cathappy:

Need Help? Let's chat.