cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data, calling and texting not working in US

JasonNeudorf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Canada-US plan and I was in the US today with my new plan for the first time. I assumed that my plan would just continue to work as is once I crossed the border into US, but it didn't. The data, calling and texting didn't work. Is there something I'm missing? I feel like if I turn on roaming, I'll have extra charges. Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s a true snow bird plan that has roaming built into the plan itself . You can use it in both countries to call to and from talk text and data . Just remember when in the US to have data roaming turned on in phone settings . Also set your network to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T some have also confirmed that Verizon works in some places so just be sure to try all 3 and use what works best for you .

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JasonNeudorf 

Also enable VoLTE on your phone for voice over LTE.

JasonNeudorf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You are still roaming, so yes, you need to enable data roaming and leave your network selection to Automatic. And ignore the text that says you need a US roaming package, as that's a standard message that goes to everyone. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JasonNeudorf 

turn Roaming on and leave it on...you won't be billed for something you didn't prepay for. Make sure you're connected to either T-Mobile or AT&T.

Need Help? Let's chat.