cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and money

Myrna112345
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many times not just once but often I have a message that says data is used UP not true and then it won't  let me send out pics or do anything data related!!!!  I will be getting a new provider if this can't e fixed immediately...next my current service is $25. So I purchased a 40 dollar card and yet it said $14  is remaining nope -- this also needs cor9ing or I am OUT of here this is total crap service and when you need data it never works for the many times  should be looking at refund of at.least 1 full month so refunded and PIF until June 08th right now URGENT as I have pictures of receipts I need to forward to accountant  repair this going forward or onto another PROVIDER 

7 REPLIES 7

Scott74Renn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Myrna112345 wrote:

...next my current service is $25. So I purchased a 40 dollar card and yet it said $14  is remaining 

When you say you purchased a 40 dollar card, did you mean a voucher that you then applied using 611, or did you buy an instant top-up where you tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number?

If you used the instant top-up method, I believe there can be small fees charged by the retailer for that service, which could account for the $1 difference between your expected remaining balance and the actual balance.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Based on the limited information provided I can only speculate that you have a data limit set on your device itself. You can verify this by logging into your Public Mobile account in Incognito Mode to verify that you have data remaining on your account. If you do, then the issue is likely with your phone itself, and you'll have this same issue on any other provider too. You can change this limit on your phone in your network settings. 

Also ensure that data and MMS are turned on on your device, as someone else mentioned. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you realize that you are posting this to a community forum of all customers?  We are here to answer questions and offer help. We don’t have access to your account, can’t offer refunds and we are not impacted by you threatening to cancel. 
Self service like Public Mobile isn’t for everyone. Good luck with finding a better cellar provider. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

iphone? It needs an internet connection to use it's internal instant messaging system. Real actual MMS picture texts don't actually need any data present. Just that cellular data needs to be on. Set Send as MMS in imessage settings to allow real MMS. Also Send as SMS while you're there.

Click the little spinner refresh icons lower down to be sure you're seeing up to date information. This for the money question too. It sounds like you should have at least $15 balance short of any rewards.

Scott74Renn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Myrna112345  Some phones have a feature to set a data limit independently of your providor called "Set data limit" or something similar. I have a Moto G Stylus and it has this feature. To get to it (at least on my phone, probably similar if yours has it) go to settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Data Warning & Limit > Set data limit. If it is turned on and a limit is set, your phone will turn off mobile data once it reaches that limit, even if you have data left from your providor. You may want to check if your phone has this feature.

If that is not set, it may be possible that there are apps on your phone running in the background using up your data, even if they are not actively running some can auto update in the background for example. You can check which apps have been using data in your phone settings under the mobile network settings which might help to narrow down which apps might be using your data without your knowledge.

If you go to your account and check what it is showing for actual data usage, how much data is it showing as used or available?

I hope this helps with the issue you are having with your data being used up. As for the account balance issue, hopefully someone else has some answers and can help you with that.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Myrna112345 

best practice is to disable data to apps you don't use frequently.

Keep track of data by logging in on a laptop, then do this..

refresh.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Myrna112345   no need to change provider, just login My Account using Incognito/Private/Secret mode

Also, I used app to tell me my download as well.  Easy to track on the device

no sure about the refund part, but you can try to submit ticket with CS agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.