cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on

Wishart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I got “95%”exhausted data memo so I purchased a gig a few hours later my data was cut so I went on the phone purchased another gig ... re-booted the phone now 6 hrs later it is again sending me the “95%” used caution and I’m down $30

17 REPLIES 17

@Wishart 

Did you check the data usage on Self-Serve and does that show clearly you used up the data?

Did you check your phone usage and did it show you used up that much data?

they'll take care of you... just be patient. 

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "data wrong"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Moderators are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

@Wishart 

Reset your data tracker to today and take screenshots of your apps data usage if it doesn't add up to anywhere close to 2gb of usage contact the moderators. There was another user last week with a similar problem who as very careful with their usage and their complaint netted a credit with very little push back from the moderator. I suspect there may be a glitch causing an issue but you have to be able to prove your point.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok then,  @Wishart 

So do you have a question for us then, or are you just upset that you used all your data?

Solutions seem simple.

Either limit mobile data use, use available public or Wi-Fi network, or change to a higher data plan. 

Wishart

this is not a discovery session if you need each detail here it is at length I got the text 95% used I went to self serve online and bought a gig I paid 32 into my account and 15$ was deducted I then went on my merry way after a  3 hour period of limited usage no streaming no mixes just some browsing the service shut off I had no data service so I phoned in a from my 17$ balance I purchased another gig the same day 5 hrs later only 1 warning I had used 95%. 

Spudster

@Wishart 

You stated that your data cut off and then you bought one gigabyte and used it for several hours and then it cut off again and then you bought it again.

It sounds to me like you do know how to purchase the data add-on and that you just need more data in your plan.

See the plans here,  @Wishart:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

If you see one that suits you better than your current plan, use my earlier post which go through a step-by-step process, with pics,  on how to change plans.

Wishart

Yes both steps were completed as I payed into my account and in turn the payment for the data (1gig) @15$ was deducted on both occasions

macsal

@Wishart ,

Did you see @hTideGnow post of about the 2-step process of buying addons to confirm the method?

Addons: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles?category=plans-and-addons&subcategory=how-to-pur...

Wishart

Yes it was public mobile texting my pending limit was imminent

Wishart

Thankyou for your kind reply D no I didn’t use any data it just took my money and ran ... fooled twice ,shame on moi!

macsal

@Wishart wrote:

Hi I got “95%”exhausted data memo so I purchased a gig a few hours later my data was cut so I went on the phone purchased another gig ... re-booted the phone now 6 hrs later it is again sending me the “95%” used caution and I’m down $30

@Wishart when you say "data memo", do you mean text from Public Mobile?

Just checking this is not something that is set up as a data limit on your phone.

Check your Self Serve account on your overview tab, does it also match that you used up 95% of your data?

Also, does it show the Data Addon that you just purchased listed?

Tips on managing data:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

@Wishart 

Check your apps data usage to see what is using up your data so quickly.....as suggested by @computergeek541 if you are streaming video or using apps like youtube, tiktok, instagram or facebook they can easily gobble up your data. So can speedtests, background data and/or software updates or if you have an iPhone if it decided to sync and upload photos........

If you are not doing any of those things and you are normally a low data user there is a tiny possibility you have experienced a glitch......then you may want to contact a moderator to investigate further but first check all possibilities that your phone did this on its own....or with your help.

Spudster

@Wishart 

If you're needing to purchase 1GB of data more than twice a cycle, you probably should consider moving up to Public Mobile's $50 plan, which now provides 10.5 GB of data every 30 days (when auto pay enabled) 

Here’s the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Then, click Change Plan:

Spudster_0-1619659786519.png

Then select desired Plan:

Spudster_1-1619659786574.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

Spudster_2-1619659786564.png

@computergeek541 yup.. i saw your reply and I wonder I might have misinterpret his original question.. thanks.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Wishart, 

Buying Add-on is a two steps process: 

1. add fund to you account

2. actual buying of the add-ons

Any chance you have just added the fund and have not buy the add-on yet?  One easy way to check, if you see your Available Fund on your Self-Serve page still showing the money you just added, then I guess you have not actually buy the add-on yet.

I believe that the add-on has been correctly purcahased as the OP appears to have received a second text message hours later about being close to running out of data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Wishart, 

Buying Add-on is a two steps process: 

1. add fund to you account

2. actual buying of the add-ons

Any chance you have just added the fund and have not buy the add-on yet?  One easy way to check, if you see your Available Fund on your Self-Serve page still showing the money you just added, then I guess you have not actually buy the add-on yet.

Or on your Self-Serve page, was it showing the add-on you purchased and actually down 95% already?

@Wishart wrote:

Are you watching videos? Streaming video can use considerable amounts of data. Also, have you been running speed tests?

Need Help? Let's chat.