cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on not working

Aidan13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a data add on earlier this year and it was only available for 150 days. So I used up all my data assuming the add on would kick in after, but now my data is not working. Subscription is active and add on is applied but I still don't get data

8 REPLIES 8

HI @Aidan13 

I understand your frustration.  Yes, there are lots of places PM can improve. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Aidan13 can't argue with your frustration, there is definitely room for improvement on the customer support side and definitely on the communication side

Aidan13

Thank you @eddieO @hTideGnow for the help. I sorted it out with customer support somewhat. Seems to me like the loyalty bonus expiring before use was just a money grab to get people to buy add ons. My data plan is 60gb and as you can see in the image below my dashboard implies that I have 240gb left to use even though it is expired. 

1000019826.jpg

Very misleading and disappointing from PM. I assumed i had 240gb left to use for the next 2 weeks because of this. I talked to an agent and got my initial plan renewed today so that I wouldn't have to purchase add ons. Such awful customer service that this option wasn't even mentioned to me, I found it on an old reddit post and asked CS if it was possible. The more I think about it the more it just looks like a scam. PM has the sh1ttiest customer service know to mankind, checking any social media platform or article shows how displeased customers are with PMs new model. So awful in fact that they would have had me pay my current monthly rate for 3gb of data that only lasts 30 days. After this period I will be switching providers, I'd rather pay twice as much at Rogers if I can get on the phone and talk to a real human to sort my issues out. To the public mobile team, get your sh1t together and learn how to run a business.

@Aidan13 

Mine ran out on August 12 and never used any of the bonus data.

eddieO

@Aidan13 if you can't get by for 3 weeks with WiFi only another option is to look into a data add-on from below which is good for 30 days meaning you would still have access to it one week into your plan renewal:

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 9.56.17 AM.png

HI @Aidan13 

i doubt there is other thing PM can help.  But check with support agent, maybe they can offer you something

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Aidan13

Seems as though it's my loyalty bonus that has expired. I used my regular data on purpose so that it would roll over into the loyalty bonus, I didnt know it was expiring soon (wasnt notifited by email or text). Seems as though I'm screwed for the next 3 weeks until my plan renews unless I spend a fortune on add ons. Thank you public mobile for your **bleep** service I guess. Do you know if there's any other solutions to this?

eddieO

@Aidan13, a few things to look for, go into your phone's settings and confirm that data is turned on. Another, if you are using an Android phone look to see if you have a data limit set too low. From your plan's side, go into the PM app and confirm that you have either the correct plan or add-on and see what that data usage meter in the app is showing as being used up. If all of these checks confirm that you should have data working and it's still not then you should open a ticket with an agent by clicking on the orange round circle in the bottom right of your screen and type: Customer Support Agent

A few other suggestions, try toggling airplane mode on and then off again. You could try a Network reset but just know that it will erase your wifi connections so you will need to reconnect afterwards. If you have access to another phone you could try your SIM card there to see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.