cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage is not correct...

yeej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My billing cycle starts August 10, 2024.  I checked my data usage from August 10 to August 14th, 2024.  I used a total of about 18mb.  But on the overview page, it shows that I used 113mb.  

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

yeej

Thank you.  I will try that route.

@yeej 

you can open ticket with PM support and discuss with them about the possible discrepancy.  

please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

yeej

I am actually using PM's usage data.  I looked at the data usage for the time cycle and it matches what my phone app has...about 20mb.  But overview has 113mb.  I rarely have data usage on so I don't think it's possible that it could be about 90mb off even if there is some daily synching that happens.

I wonder if PM has a direct person or contact I can discuss this with?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your phone's usage and what PM reports might not be in sync. Phone might not catch all communication so always refer to PM account. PM updates data usage 2x a day so it is not up to the minute...

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yeej the additional is likely from background app updates. If you go into your phone's settings you can control the updates to only occur when connected to WiFi 

Need Help? Let's chat.