cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on expiration?

doe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi.

I assume that if I buy data add-on, e.g. 1 GB for $30, it doesn't expire so I can have that as spare data rolled over years if I don't use more data than included into plan every month. That data doesn't expire even if I change plan. Are all these assumption correct?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@srlawren wrote:
@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Also just noticed, is it really correct that US DATA ONLY add-on requires UNLTD Talk Plan, (unlike Canada Data Add-on)?

@pm-smayer97 no I don't believe that's correct, no talk plan is required for US Data roaming add-ons.

If that is the case, this should be updated on the website.

@CS_Agent ???

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@doe wrote:

Thanks everyone for your commitment.

@Luddite wrote:

Addendum: US add-ons expire by date (10 days after activation) not usage and cannot be renewed until after expiry.

@Luddite I assume you mean U.S. roaming add-on?

Do you mean that I order Text&Talk&Data bundle or Data bundle and run out of data I can'd add more data within 10 days after ordering previous U.S. roaming bundle?

If yes then can I disable previoius bundle (like, remove service) and then immediately order new bundle?

If I can't, can Mods to do th@at for PM subscribers?

Thanks.

@doe yes, that's what @Luddite meant.  No you cannot re-add the same US Roaming Data add-on until after the 10 days are up, even if you us up all the included data.  So if you bought the 1GB add-on at first, and used it up within say 7 days and needed more, you would only see the 500MB and 250MB options when you went to add the add-on.  You cannot remove the expired add-on yourself, but yes the moderators can do that for you upon request.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Don't US add-ons also expire when you use up the balance?

Also just noticed, is it really correct that US DATA ONLY add-on requires UNLTD Talk Plan, (unlike Canada Data Add-on)?

@pm-smayer97 no I don't believe that's correct, no talk plan is required for US Data roaming add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Don't US add-ons also expire when you use up the balance?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Go here to the thread below if you want to be notified when a new Public Mobile (PM) promo and changes comes out!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Subscribe-to-this-thread-if-you-want-to-be...

doe

Thanks everyone for your commitment.

@Luddite wrote:

Addendum: US add-ons expire by date (10 days after activation) not usage and cannot be renewed until after expiry.

@Luddite I assume you mean U.S. roaming add-on?

Do you mean that I order Text&Talk&Data bundle or Data bundle and run out of data I can'd add more data within 10 days after ordering previous U.S. roaming bundle?

If yes then can I disable previoius bundle (like, remove service) and then immediately order new bundle?

If I can't, can Mods to do that for PM subscribers?

Thanks.

mimmo

@srlawren absolutly correct,  I should have put a couple smily faces after my statement.

I would not base a decision on rewards but if @doe was deciding to activate say Jan 1 doing so on DEC 31 would have likley  provided a small new years present on the account.

srlawren

@mimmo @doe community rewards are not substantial enough that I'd recommend you let them influence your timing for moving to PM.  Do what makes sense for your individual sitation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@doe wrote:

Thanks to all who clarified this.

@mimmo wrote:

@doe  you better sign up before year end that way you should be for some community rewards.

What is that about and why only before the end of the year?

Thanks.

@doe hi sorry for any confusion. 

Community rewards are awarded monthly.  with the several  posts you have made today i believe you would  be eligable to receive community rewards his month.  but if you don't have an account, then you would not receive any.

doe

Thanks to all who clarified this.

@mimmo wrote:

@doe  you better sign up before year end that way you should be for some community rewards.

What is that about and why only before the end of the year?

Thanks.

mimmo

glad to see you are doing your homework and asking questions.  

what plan are you looking at getting?

mimmo

Yes you are correct. data addon and long distance addons roll over until completly used.   or until your account is expired fro more than 90 days or you port out then you lose any addons or monetary balance you have in your account.

plan data is used first then the data addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.