cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

twocrazydots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received an SMS from PM telling me I'd used 100% of my data allotment.  That would be a first.

My online dashboard shows that I've used 0.95Gb of 2GB allotted.  I also show that I have 0.69GB left of a one-time data bonus.

Which is correct?

13 REPLIES 13

@softech- I use a repeating every 30 days calendar item. The plans renew exactly when they should. The new end dates are and have been correct. It's the start date that's wrong using any twisting of 12:01am or 11:59pm. The plan that just renewed showed an end date of yesterday. Correct. 11:59pm. The renewal shows a start date of yesterday. Wrong. By any stretch of the imagination. At least for me. 🙂

@dust2dust   your plan just renewed?  Sept has 30 days only , so, it's not hard to have a correct cycle.  The next one  renewed on Oct will be the one to look for

@softech- All my plans match what they were before the system change. The end date that is. The first date overlaps the last end date. Dumb.

@dust2dust  for me , the plan cycle date, the front part is correct, not the back part

I just check one of my plans, August 13 - Sept 12.  The last payment date was Aug 13 , so, it should only go till Sept 11 and new charge should be on Sept 12

I reported the confusion of the cycle on My Account, I guess they "fixed" it  now by moving the start date up (but still showing a monthly cycle - 31 days in this case).  I will check after the new renewal and see what are the dates then

@softech wrote:

@twocrazydots   while the plan  cycle shows Aug 03-Sep 02, the truth is the new cycle starts on Sept 02 not Sept 03 (PM is running on 30 days cycle).   So as of midnight EST on Sept 02, PM will start the renewal process and if you have enough fund, the will add the new data for you. 

@softech- You're kind of contradicting yourself. I just renewed last night and this time I watched things a little more than last time. But that date of the cycle is half right..the back half. The start date is one day early. The end date is technically right. 11:59pm eastern of that date is the end of the cycle. The renewal will happen in this case overnight of the 2nd to the 3rd.

As an aside, the deactivation date is also the same kind of end date...11:59pm eastern of that date. But I'm not going to test it. 🙂

twocrazydots

Thanks for the info.  I'll check tomorrow.

@twocrazydots wrote:

I just tried Incognito mode on the same browser (Chrome). It showed 100% data used...strange.  My current plan shows Aug 03-Sept 02. Does that mean I should have my new data (on my now upgraded plan) as of 12:01am on September 3?

@twocrazydots   while the plan  cycle shows Aug 03-Sep 02, the truth is the new cycle starts on Sept 02 not Sept 03 (PM is running on 30 days cycle).   So as of midnight EST on Sept 02, PM will start the renewal process and if you have enough fund, the will add the new data for you. 

I wouldn't bet on you seeing the new data right at 12:01 EST, probably between 2am to 6am as the renewal have different stages.   (Just be aware, if you keep checking the My Account after midnight, it could be confusing with the Account status and what showing there.)     I suggest if you are not urgently waiting for the new data to come, reboot your phone in the morning once and check My Account in the morning, maybe after 7am EST.  Again, use Incognito mode to assure you seeing the latest info and not the cached version of the page

twocrazydots

I just tried Incognito mode on the same browser (Chrome). It showed 100% data used...strange.  My current plan shows Aug 03-Sept 02. Does that mean I should have my new data (on my now upgraded plan) as of 12:01am on September 3?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yup, I have. 

@jor123   you tried Incognito mode/InPrivate mode?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To be honest I've also been seeing some odd behavior in the new self serve, my data usage rotates between ~5 MB and the mid 200s (even after manually refreshing, multiple browsers/devices). 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots hi clear your cache and cookies or try a differrent browser in private or incgnito mode,reboot your device and log back into your account,see if it updates your data usage

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@twocrazydots   the text could be sent wrong.

But the dashboard usage you see could ba a cached old version, too.  

Please try to use Incognito mode , or use a completely different browser (Edge/Firefox/Chrome) to login to My Account and check again.  This could assure you get the correct and latest usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.