cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Almost Expired

Deketele1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My monthly subscription cycle started just two days ago, yet my usage shows my allotment almost entirely used !   I use very little data on cellular as I do no web searches when out of the house. (In the house I’m on wifi.)  So the only data is iMessages (i.e. on an iPhone).

What’s going on ?

5 REPLIES 5

Deketele1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Appreciate your response (and everyone else’s).   Clearing cache does nothing.  Looking at data usage details gives … no details, just data usage at specific times. Usage that makes no sense.  I have no idea what wi-fi assist is or where to find it in settings.  Regardless of all this I have never run into this issue before.  Yes, I’m on the $15/mo plan with 250MB but have never come close to using that amount monthly.

Bottom line, there’s no reason anyone should have to jump thru hoops (e.g. deleting and re-installing the app) each month just to get an accurate data usage report.  Other carriers easily show accurate usage data.  Why is it a problem for PM ?   I cannot open a ticket at present as they are undergoing maintenance.  If this results in me being incommunicado to people I text/email with …. PM is history.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Deketele1 

To me, this sounds like a cache issue. If you log into your account online then first, go into your browser settings. Then clear the cache history and cookies. Then close and restart your browser. Try logging in again and see if you see a difference. The website has had known cache issues. If you are using the phone app, because iPhone isn't as friendly as an Android, there is no way to clear the cache. Best to uninstall the app and reinstall it. That should fix the issue as well.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Deketele1 

Click on usage breakdown on the app, and check your data usage, it may give you an ideal how the data allowance gets used.

@Deketele1 

Which plan are you on? If on the old $15 plan with 250 mb data, that can be used up fairly quickly.  

Sometime the self service account showed old cached information.  Maybe try to login again but first clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Deketele1  If you have wifi assist turned on in phone setting turn it off . When it’s in and your in wifi it can still use your plan data . I find this happens to me when I’m at home in my garage I think I’m on wifi and I am but it still uses cell data 

Handy1_0-1723411859718.png

Need Help? Let's chat.