cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Stopped working on Moto G6

MotoGoGo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wife's phone...

Android 9 on Moto G6. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when mobile data stopped working.  Talk and text still working fine as is wifi.  Settings show mobile network is Public mobile and show as connected but there's a very tiny 'x' in the mobile signal level status bar indicator.  (In addition, set to show mobile network provider in status bar but it's not showing).  Checked all the usual suspects - airplane mode off - mobile data on - data saver off.  Reset phone.  Reset network.  Confirmed apn settings.  Weird.

37 REPLIES 37

MotoGoGo

Profile update 
  1. Find and tap Settings
  2. Find and tap System Update
  3. Find and tap Update Profile.
  4. Once the update is complete, tap Ok

Above does not work as there's no 'Update Profile' option.

1. Open the dialer
  2. Dial  *#*#72786#*#*
  3. Tap Ok - the phone will restart and begin configuring the network connection
  •  

1. I turned off my Moto G6
    2. I removed my SIM card
    3. I turned on my device
    4. I accessed the Settings \ Advanced \ Reset options menu
    5. I tapped the Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
    6. Once the reset was confirmed and completed, I turned off my device
    7. I added my SIM card
    8. I turned on my device
    9. I accessed the Network & Internet \ Mobile network \ Advanced \ Carrier settings menu
    10. I tapped the Update device config
    11. Once the Update device config was completed, I tapped the Update PRL option
    12. The Update PRL option told me that there was no update available
    13. I exited the Settings menu
    14. A few seconds later, the 'LTE' symbol popped up in the task bar.
  •  

Tried the above but can't get past 9 as there is no 'Carrier Options' selection.

I sent the page to your inbox. See envelope icon top right.

MotoGoGo

With Wifi off, I can't surf to any websites - I receive a 'not connected' message.  As soon as I turn the Wifi on, I get a message from google that the site I was trying to reach is now available (which it is).

@MotoGoGo wrote:

have used about 200m of 1G

Have a look at this url. There are a few options you can try.

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360033483373-Moto-G6-no-Mobile-Data-after-Android-9-u...

MotoGoGo

have used about 200m of 1G

@MotoGoGo wrote:

Wife's phone...

Android 9 on Moto G6. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when mobile data stopped working.  Talk and text still working fine as is wifi.  Settings show mobile network is Public mobile and show as connected but there's a very tiny 'x' in the mobile signal level status bar indicator.  (In addition, set to show mobile network provider in status bar but it's not showing).  Checked all the usual suspects - airplane mode off - mobile data on - data saver off.  Reset phone.  Reset network.  Confirmed apn settings.  Weird.

The x could mean that the you have a signal and there is a valid data connection but that the other end is refusing the connection.  Some phones will also say "sign into network" and show a question mark in a notification.

As per the sugguestion that you are out of data, what you can do is during this time of data not working, tried to load a website (any website). If you were a home with a working Wi-Fi connection, connect to that and refresh the website. If you get redirected to a Publci Mobile website that gives possible reasons for data not working (suspsicious activity, out of data, account suspended, etc.), you're probably out of data. That can be further confirmed with the suggestion from earlier by going into your self serve account. If no data amount is listed as remaining, you don't have any left.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Could your data have run out. Can you log into self service to check.

Need Help? Let's chat.