cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Coverage?

crreature
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I'm a bit confused about the coverage map - is it for mobile data or just calls/texts?

Specifically, I would like to know how the mobile data coverage is in Banff (in the town itsself, I realise the areas around might be a bit spotty)

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

And one last point because I haven't seen it listed, anyone calling your province wide calling only number, if they are standing right beside you in Montreal, and you have a 416 Ontario number, the call will be long distance for them (unless they have LD package or Canada wide calling on their onwn line).

Anonymous
Not applicable

One other small detail, if you are paying by credit card, the tax rate charged is also based on the location of the area code you get.

@twest666wrote:

If you choose province wide calling, the area code that the province is located will be your home province. For instance 416 is in Ontario and I could have my address in Montreal but for province wide calling I’d be recongnized as being in Ontario because I’d have a 416 number. 

And in this case, being in Montreal with 416 area code will let you call to any number in the province of QB. And you will not receive any calls. To get around this, one can purchase a long-distance add-on which have limited numbers of mins. 

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you choose province wide calling, the area code that the province is located will be your home province. For instance 416 is in Ontario and I could have my address in Montreal but for province wide calling I’d be recongnized as being in Ontario because I’d have a 416 number. 

crreature

Awesome, thanks so much! 🙂

@crreaturewrote:

Also question - if I set a province as my 'home' on the website, is that what will be my home province when I buy the sim?

Correct. Depending on your number's area code, the system will determine whether you are in your home province or not. 

crreature

Also question - if I set a province as my 'home' on the website, is that what will be my home province when I buy the sim?

crreature

Awesome, thanks guys!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here's a cell tower map to work with.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@crreature Typically, you will see no difference with talk/text and data. As long as you get signal on your phone, you will be able to use talk/text/data. If you see your location covered on the map, then you will have no problem with the reception.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@crreaturewrote:

Hi! I'm a bit confused about the coverage map - is it for mobile data or just calls/texts?

Specifically, I would like to know how the mobile data coverage is in Banff (in the town itsself, I realise the areas around might be a bit spotty)

Thanks!

Since PM uses the Telus network this map might be better for you to decide:

TELUS Coverage

As you can see Banff has pretty good coverage. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.