cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after number ported from koodo

bblue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

So having issues with my service after porting my number from Koodo.

I Pmed one of the moderators to do the port. Later on in the day, I lost service on my Koodo sim and switched to the PM sim card. I received a txt saying it went thru and an email from Koodo confirming it.

Now I cannot make outgoing calls. Calling my voicemail does not work, it will disconnect, but the voicemail notification does show up. I have tried multiple numbers. It will disconnect immediately.

I seem to be able to receive txts but any outgoing txts will not send and there is no error msg to say there's a problem. Any txts from or to TextNow app doesn't work with my number.

Data works fine, except I notice it will switch from LTE to 4G when I attempt to make a call. It'll switch back eventually to LTE but I've never noticed this issue before.

I've tried removing the battery and sim and restarting phone, also cleared the phone cache, and tested the sim in another phone. Same issues.

Would love some help.
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bblue I'm glad to hear you're mostly all fixed up now.  🙂  I'm not sure about TextNow, but I'd presume it should work if it worked with Koodo.  @Saray_O do you have any thoughts?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bblue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for the help and info! Looks like someone got around to fixing the issue on their end as calls and texting is working as it should.

Just a question, does PM not support TextNow texting? I noticed I can send txts to a TextNow number but I'm not able to receive any txts. The TextNow # area code is 647 so it's in the same province as my PM number and TextNow txting worked both ways when I used Koodo.

Thanks.

srlawren

@skidoomaster true, that part is normal.  But the inability to dial out or send text messages definitely isn't.  @Saray_O, can you please have a look for @bblue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skidoomaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @bblue the only reason your phone doesn't stay on LTE for calls is because Public Mobile doesn't support Voice Over LTE (VoLTE). I don't think any other networks in Canada support this feature either. Don't worry about this, it is completely normal.

srlawren

Hi @bblue wow those are some weird symptoms.  So, you can receive calls and texts via the ported number, but you can't make outbound calls or send texts?  That's unusual--porting issues are usually the other way around where outbound works fine but inbound doesn't come through. 

Because the behaviour is the same on another phone, I'm thinking there is a problem with your account in the back end.  I'm tagging moderator @Mary_M in hopes that one of the moderators will contact you tomorrow (they start at 9AM eastern).  I know they are extrmely busy right now due to the popularity of the promo plan, so please try to be patient.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have read that this is a common occurence with new port-ins. Perhaps you can follow the recommendation discussed here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/HELP-Can-t-receive-call-on-new-ported-...

You need to go contact-us section and select "SIM and Activation" then click "Next" then select "Porting" then follow the rest of the prompts.

Need Help? Let's chat.