cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Addon mixed in with my standard data plan usage

bukunolamobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a plan with 1 gb of data and had 2 promotional data add ons of 1gb each (2 gb in total). One of the promos was the Free Holiday Giveaway and I don't remenber the other one. I used just over 1gb of data this month and it deducted the usage from all 3 data places (my plan and both promos). I should have 2 gb of data left but I have no data at the moment. Is this intended or an issue?

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Nezgar   Are you saying the 75% and 95% notifications don't happen for any data (plan+add-ons), or just for the add-on data doesn't receive the usage notice but the plan data would? 

It appears to be no data usage warning notifications at all until all of your data add-on's are consumed and gone from your account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

I've observed that the usual text notifications when 75% and 95% of your data is consumed are not sent when you have any kind of data add-on active on your account, which makes it pretty easy to unknowingly use all your data.

No notification for base plan data OR add-on data. Pay special attention to your phones data meter and the selfserve totals.

@Nezgar   Are you saying the 75% and 95% notifications don't happen for any data (plan+add-ons), or just for the add-on data doesn't receive the usage notice but the plan data would? 

Edit:  I thought I remembered reading some other posts mentioning that the notifications don't get sent for the add-on data but the plan data did receive the usage notification, but I see you say it applies to both base and add-on data.  I'm sure the lack of notifications is creating all the confusion for customers when they see all the data gone and no warning.  Not the most ideal of situation for sure.

I've observed that the usual text notifications when 75% and 95% of your data is consumed are not sent when you have any kind of data add-on active on your account, which makes it pretty easy to unknowingly use all your data.

No notification for base plan data OR add-on data. Pay special attention to your phones data meter and the selfserve totals.

bukunolamobile

Thanks. I saw your this response after I accepted the other response. I check my phone data usage and I had used close to 3 gb in the last couple of days.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bukunolamobile 

If your overview page, after login, does not show any usage lines, this means that you had used your plan 1GB data and both bonus add-ons as far as PM server is concerned.

The following is my data usage lines:

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    140.206  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    1  /  400 MIN
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    72  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    169.737  /  250 MB
    500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
    0  /  500 MIN

Only moderdator can access your account.  If you think that PM server is wrong, you can create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@bukunolamobile wrote:

Hi,

I checked my usage for the last 30 days in the usage history tab and it says 1208.498 MB and 3.906 MB which comes to around 1GB. The wifi in my place was going to be down so I checked to make sure I would be okay during the outage. I had used just over 250mb in one and 0 mb in the other one at the start of the month.

Do you have phone usage data to help track usage?  

@bukunolamobile  if you feel that the data usage history is in error, contact a moderator and ask them to to check it for you. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@bukunolamobile wrote:

Hi,

I checked my usage for the last 30 days in the usage history tab and it says 1208.498 MB and 3.906 MB which comes to around 1GB. The wifi in my place was going to be down so I checked to make sure I would be okay during the outage. I had used just over 250mb in one and 0 mb in the other one at the start of the month.

bukunolamobile

Hi,

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bukunolamobile wrote:

I am on a plan with 1 gb of data and had 2 promotional data add ons of 1gb each (2 gb in total). One of the promos was the Free Holiday Giveaway and I don't remenber the other one. I used just over 1gb of data this month and it deducted the usage from all 3 data places (my plan and both promos). I should have 2 gb of data left but I have no data at the moment. Is this intended or an issue?

You would have to go back in 30 day increments to figure out where all of your data has gone.  If you have used over 1GB this month (remember PM plans are based on 30 days so calendar month doesn't work) you would have gone into one of your add-ons.  This could have happened over many cycles

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.