Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAY 5 STILL NOT RECEIVING PHONE CALLS

alannasonfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have Pm'd all the mod's...

My ported number is still not working.

PM almost seems like a scam to me now... Why did I pay 5 days ago if it still is not working!! 

27 REPLIES 27

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's also what I suggest
Old Account Number- This is very important to input correctly
Alternate Number- Any Canadian number will work, I use a friends or family members number.
Name- Exactly as it appears with old provider
Those 3 things should give you a successful port.

@goranwong wrote:

Actually what is ESN/IMEI/MEID?

I don't know what to fill for this field.

You're probably best to leave it blank.  It's pretty much an electronic serial number that identifies the phone.  I would just stick to providing your old carrier's account number and leave the rest of teh optional fields blank.  Less information is actually better (less chance of errors and potential problems).

goranwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Actually what is ESN/IMEI/MEID?

I don't know what to fill for this field.

ryankw

Hey Mengxuan,

I'm also with Fidos and don't know what I am doing wrong to get a error message.

Did you fill in everything when you registered your number/imei?

pm.JPG

kai

The problem is that my old provider is Koodo. I could not do the porting by myself. The only thing I can do right now is waitting a Mod to help me out. 

Mengxuan

I ported from Fido and I was able to receive phone calls within the hour. The old phone with Fido SIM would give a call failed error when I try to use it. 

kai

@Mary_M I have pmed you my porting information which copied from my previous support request email. Hopefully the porting can be done soon. Thanks. 

psingh

Hello @Mary_M can you please take a look at my account. I unable to access anything on my PM website nor has my sim activation completely gone thru.  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience!

@alannasonfire the port has been resubmitted and Rogers should confirm it in between 30 minutes to 2 hours, yay!

@kai if you haven't already, please private message one of the mods online with the required information

@jwestacott I have just submitted a ticket to have our porting department push the port through, it should take in between 24 to 72 hours to complete

@LeSong Thank you for your feedback! However, we clearly do not offer phone support as we are online based - and as it states on our website. I understand that you must all be frustrated with the long delays, but keep in mind that we are working with hundreds of customers to make sure that all activations and ports go through for everyone!

Thank you everybody!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
What are you going on about @LeSong? Sign up for telus if you want telus

jigginsmcgee

@LeSong wrote:
No real Customer Service, No real Support team
Telus, Seriously !

That's... the whole point. That's how costs are kept low.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How so? Wouldn't it be the same way? I'm sure they are actually trying to work on everyone's problem it's just too many people requesting the mods. And that's one of the, if not, the only reason why their plans are so cheap because they don't have stores and support phone numbers, it's all online on this forum.

LeSong
I'm not sure for how much longer Public mobile customer will be keeping up with this BullSh!t **bleep**ty service that we're getting from Telus ..

Even though we pay for the service 3 month in advance but Telus just decided to make us a second class customers as we are not that much important to them ..

No real Customer Service, No real Support team
Telus, Seriously !

imcphers

@njcarroll17

Just want to confirm that you have sent a private message to the moderators?

This post in the thread has the 3 links you need to look at that describe how to send a pm and what to include in the pm.  

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/DAY-5-STILL-NOT-RECEIVING-PHONE-CALLS/m-p/...

This is the best way to get your issue addressed.  The contact us option is not as effective.

Rockdaddy22
Yes they could have phone support, but then it wouldn't be cheap.

nekkidtruth

@Aaandylei wrote:

or you could go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help and click on "Contact us below" by sending Public Mobile email

I would actually recommend not sending an email. It is much slower in response time under regular circumstances (usually days rather than minutes). I can't even imagine how slow it is right now where all forms of communication are inundated right now.

The best way to get in touch with PM right now is right here on the community forums. Yes it's slow, yes you have to be patient. I completely understand everyone's frustrations but the reality is, there are many people having issues right now (some due to their own errors, some due to errors within the system) and the mods are doing the best they can under the circumstances.

Here's a list of things you can do to help ease a bit of that when you have an issue:

1. Start your own thread. Do not hijack other threads. I understand when you see a mod respond, your instinct is to immediately post so you're seen, but this just makes it more difficult to prioritize and lengthens the time everyone has to wait.

2. Please read the following links in order to better understand the support system in place. 

3. Be patient. This is the most difficult one. We all know it's not fun having to wait, especially if your service isn't functional. Rest assured the staff WILL get to you. The community here will do the best they can to help in the absence of moderators, please respect them and understand that they are just trying to help the moderators by weeding out those who can resolve their issues without moderator assistance.

There is a long wait right now for help. It's frustrating and I know it doesn't help that you have people constantly telling you to be patient, but there's nothing that can change that situation as it is currently. It really is the only option.

Good luck!

Aaandylei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Somehow Public Mobile should have a Contact number, this is the best way to help every customer's request ASAP.

mimmo

Don't forget to make sure message the mods your name as it appears on your old providers account. 

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @alannasonfire

I'm really sorry to hear that your porting process hasn't completed yet. Please follow that instruction to see whether you'll get everything done.... 1- call your old carrier and ask for your account number and PIN number...... The account must be active, otherwise they won't let PM do the porting out. 2- Send all the information you get from them one of PM moderators; @Shazia_K. From there, im sure you'll get your service active with PM.

Yours,

xhe

Sent email several days ago, but no any response

kai

Same thing here. Have sent them a porting request email on Tuesday. Then pmed one Mod yesterday. None of them have been replied. How long do I need to keep two account active? That really bother me right now. 

xhe

same here.

jwestacott

This does not work. I went through this channel as well as making threads and PMing Mods. None of these messages have even been read since Tuesday. I know that pales in comparison to some others who have been waiting a week but 3+ business deals without your issue even being acknowledged is utterly ridiculous.

Aaandylei

or you could go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help and click on "Contact us below" by sending Public Mobile email

Rockdaddy22
Did you actually send a message or create a thread 7 days ago?

njcarroll17

I feel your pain. I'm on day 7 and still waiting.

Aaandylei

You have to send email to moderator, they will help you solve the problem.

From this website you will know all about the moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Need Help? Let's chat.