cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current subscription

Ronile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I'm paying for a 5G speed but it's still shows me I'm on 4G speed. 

What is the procedure for this?

Kind regards, 

Roni

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ronile 

it could show 4G but you can get better speed than those on 4G plan

can you do a speed test and post us the result?  If you get over 100Mpbs, than you are actually getting 5G speed that comes with your 5G plan

Sevcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Roni,

I understand your concern. If you're paying for 5G speed but seeing 4G, here's what you can do:

Check Phone Compatibility: Ensure your phone is 5G compatible. Not all devices support 5G.

Update Network Settings: Go to your phone settings and make sure you have selected "5G" or "5G/LTE" under the preferred network type.

Contact Customer Support: Reach out to your service provider's customer support. They can verify your plan details and ensure you're set up for 5G.

Coverage Area: Remember that 5G coverage might not be available everywhere. Check if you're in a 5G-covered area.

Restart Your Phone: Sometimes, a simple restart helps your phone connect to the correct network.

If these steps don't solve the issue, contact your provider's support for further assistance.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ronile  Do you have your network set to 5G and are you in a 5G area . Also note 5G refers to speed. So even if your on 4G/LTE you will still get the 5 G speeds you pay for .. even someone on 3G plan can connect to 5G network but will only get the 3 G speed 

@Ronile wrote:

I'm paying for a 5G speed but it's still shows me I'm on 4G speed. 

On the main screen, phones don't give any indication about the speed. They will only show the type of network connected to.  Have you tested the speeds?  As for network type, the 5G network isn't actually required to receive 250Mbps speeds as this is possible on the LTE network.  For connecting to the 5G network, the phone needs to be compatible with that network type. Which model phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.