cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Conversation while dialing 611 - SECURITY BREACH!!!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello there.

I am tagging @CS_Agent as this is a serious security breach. 

I dialed 611 to find out the steps to help a poster here in the support section. I just heard a large portion of a one sided phone call from one of your agent. I just heard the persons pass code to access their account. Granted I didn't hear the customer's side, but still. This should not be happening. 

I remember a while back, @Priority brought these issues up and posted a video. Clearly this is still happening and has not been fixed. What is my next move to escalate this?

15 REPLIES 15

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this happen today as well. Very strange. Maybe they should advertise this as a feature. Feeling lonely? Call PM's new 611 party line!

@DennyCrane 

That issue with the wrong account being displayed has been fixed. Logging out really does log out now.

@computergeek541 Yeah I remember that issue when managing multiple accounts. Did they ever fix it? I had to clear the app cache every time I wanted to sign into a different account.

@DennyCrane wrote:

It's probably Koodo or Telus agents/customers, as it's all one company. I can't believe this is still going on. Someone should file a complaint with the CRTC or the privacy commissioner. 

I don't think that you should be surpised.  When Public Mobile came out with the app, there was a security breach that caused the app to show the account information of the wrong person if someone else had previously used the app on that device.  Thankfully, that was finally fixed, but to my knowledge that took about a year.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chalupa_Batman , what you describe is an analog phenomena.  I just can't see his digital packets can end up going to the wrong end device.  I think packets are encrypted.  Even a wrong delivery still requires correct decryption. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It's probably Koodo or Telus agents/customers, as it's all one company. I can't believe this is still going on. Someone should file a complaint with the CRTC or the privacy commissioner. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just keep in mind that you could have been connected to some random number so unless you are certain it was a pm csa I would hold off contact with the crtc. I once was connected to 911 when I was with bell when I defiantly did not call them. At first I thought I was being scammed or something till the cops showed up at my place.

Thank you for the clarification @computergeek541 

🙂

@HALIMACS wrote:

Are there still subscribers from several years ago who STILL get telephone support - I vaguely recall something about that in a thread a couple years back...

No, as that has been entirely discontinued for all Public Mobile customers, and absolutely no Public Mobile customers should be able to reach a customer support agent by dialing 611.

Support being provided over the phone is usually for exceptional cicrumstances.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:
  1. as far as I know, the ONLY customers who still may receive telephone support (and this may or may not still be the case) are the very early customers.   Who is getting telephone support otherwise?

The length of time as a customer doesn't make a difference.  Yes, Public Mobile (Telus) does sometimes call customers about support issues, but this isn't something that you can request, but is rather at the discretion of Telus.  Usually, this is ony for more in-depth network or service issues.

I understand @computergeek541 , in which case could be any one.

Are there still subscribers from several years ago who STILL get telephone support - I vaguely recall something about that in a thread a couple years back...

@HALIMACS wrote:
  1. as far as I know, the ONLY customers who still may receive telephone support (and this may or may not still be the case) are the very early customers.   Who is getting telephone support otherwise?

The length of time as a customer doesn't make a difference.  Yes, Public Mobile (Telus) does sometimes call customers about support issues, but this isn't something that you can request, but is rather at the discretion of Telus.  Usually, this is ony for more in-depth network or service issues.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hold it @Chalupa_Batman , you're suggesting you heard a CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENT?

This begs a couple of questions:

1. how are you sure it was a CSA? Did they name themselves and you recognize their name or did they call themselves a CSA?

A. No, I can not 100% say for sure it was a Public Mobile CS Agent. However, I should not be getting this conversation while dialing 611.  Honestly, it did sounds like a CS Agent but I can't say it was from PM. It could have been from Telus as they do share call centers. 

2. as far as I know, the ONLY customers who still may receive telephone support (and this may or may not still be the case) are the very early customers.   Who is getting telephone support otherwise?

Very confusing, for certain.

No clue. But I remember a while back, Priority was uploading several of these types of calls/videos to youtube to show us. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hold it @Chalupa_Batman , you're suggesting you heard a CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENT?

This begs a couple of questions:

1. how are you sure it was a CSA? Did they name themselves and you recognize their name or did they call themselves a CSA?
  2. as far as I know, the ONLY customers who still may receive telephone support (and this may or may not still be the case) are the very early customers.   Who is getting telephone support otherwise?

Very confusing, for certain.

@Rastin wrote:

Other then putting in a ticket I don't think there much you can do other then contacting CRTC and putting in a complaint.

I have put in a ticket as well. But I'm hoping some Oracles here may have some insight to this or Priority could remind us the end result of what he was going through.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Other then putting in a ticket I don't think there much you can do other then contacting CRTC and putting in a complaint.

Need Help? Let's chat.