cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card was billed even though I have enough available funds. How do I pay with available funds?

reylistens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not new to Public Mobile. I've been here for years now, but this is the first time I've added funds to my account beforehand to cover my bill. 

But this morning, I got a notice from my credit card company that Public Mobile tried to take funds out (but I'm currently at max due to unrelated reasons so it didn't go through). When I go into my account there doesn't seem to be a way to "apply" the available funds but it assures me that a) my phone will be cut off if I don't pay, b) I have enough available funds to cover the cost c) the payment date is today d) "Don’t worry about interruptions in your service when you have your subscription on." which I do, and e) "Your services are on hold" and "Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription."

I'm not sure if I should just wait the day out and see if it decides to "do it on it's own" but I don't want to miss calls and texts from people that are important to my income today. 

So straight up, I'm wondering, is there a way to apply the available funds, and like "push it through" or something? 

Thanks for your time.

11 REPLIES 11

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ariyel_Rayne 

If September 30th/October 1st is your renewal then the messaging in your account is normal. Did you have no working services or were you just looking at your account status? During your renewal overnight you cannot force the payment system to take your plan payment. You must wait for it to be done automatically.....usually at 2am eastern but if renewals are running late then it can occur anytime after 2am eastern to as late as noon eastern.

Ariyel_Rayne

The same thing is now happening to me. Says subscription is on hold, meanwhile I have haf the necessary amount of funds available in my account for subscription renewal but it hasn't applied it to my bill. The option to renew subscription and add the available amount in my account to restart isn't is also there and when I select that option it tells me the balance has been applied and my service will work soon. But when I go back to my account overview my available balance is back to 55 and my account us still on hold. Makes no sense 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@reylistens 

As long as I've been here there's been a glitch with using lost/stolen. It will cause your rewards to not be applied upon renewal requiring the customer to contact customer support to have them applied manually after renewal. 

reylistens

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't do anything differently other than pre-top it up which was unusual. I didn't experience anything else out of the ordinary. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@reylistens 

Did you happen to use lost/stolen in your account? Even for a minute?

reylistens

No, oddly, I had already pre-topped up so I had enough for this month, which is why this was so triggering. I expected it to just use the amount in the account. But instead, it removed my rewards, and I had to pay the full $25 instead of the $19 (you happened to use an example that was exact). So I had the amount, it didn't use the amount, and then when I paid using someone else's card, I paid the full amount, not the amount minus rewards. 

I opened a ticket as @will13am suggested. We'll see where that leads. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@reylistens 

We're you able to manually top up your account balance with your plan amount minus your rewards? For example: $25 plan - $6 rewards=$19 owing. Were you able to only add $19 vs $25?

@reylistens wrote:

I *had* enough funds this morning, when my services were still active, but now that my services are no longer active, all my rewards also disappeared and now there isn't enough to cover the bill, and my visa debit is giving errors when I try to use it to pay for the amount due.  It successfully applies the available funds, but now that the rewards are gone, it's kinda moot. It would have been fine if it had just used the available funds rather than trying the credit card first. 

Maybe I'm just depressed and frustrated now. There's no way to use the available funds for the amount due this morning. Now it's a different amount and there isn't enough and i have no way to activate it again....

I dont think there's a fix. I'm upset. No need to respond. Programming is what it is.... I'm just raging against poverty at this point and the existential uncomfortableness of being a disconnected person.

Thank you for your time trying to solve this. 

I appreciate it.

@reylistens , please use the start a chat link to initiate a support ticket and have a CSA sort out the renewal for you.  

reylistens

I *had* enough funds this morning, when my services were still active, but now that my services are no longer active, all my rewards also disappeared and now there isn't enough to cover the bill, and my visa debit is giving errors when I try to use it to pay for the amount due.  It successfully applies the available funds, but now that the rewards are gone, it's kinda moot. It would have been fine if it had just used the available funds rather than trying the credit card first. 

Maybe I'm just depressed and frustrated now. There's no way to use the available funds for the amount due this morning. Now it's a different amount and there isn't enough and i have no way to activate it again....

I dont think there's a fix. I'm upset. No need to respond. Programming is what it is.... I'm just raging against poverty at this point and the existential uncomfortableness of being a disconnected person.

Thank you for your time trying to solve this. 

I appreciate it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@reylistens - ensure your Available Funds includes enough to cover the taxes too, if you don't want your card/autopay to kick in.

$'s from Available Funds is supposed to be used up first.

Are you looking at your My Account plan dates (Current Subscription Cycle 'A' to 'B' dates), or your My Rewards date (Next Cycle Plan Starts on 'C' date)? The funds will be charged to your account on 'B' date at around 1pm Eastern Time. Hope that makes sense.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@reylistens 

your phone is currently working...right ? If so AND you have enuff $$ in Available Funds to cover renewal costs...all should be well. Your plan is just going through the renewal routine.

If your phone is not currently working...that's something else then.

Need Help? Let's chat.