cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payments not going through no matter what I do

ChrisTO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With much frusturation I've been trying to register with public mobile.  I'm not currently a customer but I'd like to become one.  I've tried my Visa and Visa debit and confirmed with the bank the payments are not being blocked and they don't see them.  It seems this is the only place to ask for help and have a mod PM me over the issue?  I get the following message;

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

12 REPLIES 12

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChrisTO  you should be able to activate an account using a voucher.    in fact you dont need a cc to to join pm. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChrisTO wrote:

I have a voucher but sadly I don't think I can do the initial activation with the voucher.  I tried yet another computer and I still can't get my payment to go through.  TD says that Public isn't even attempting to charge my card, this is pretty madenning.

@ChrisTO:

What tells you that you can't use the voucher?

Are you getting a message?

Did you try the voucher on that other computer?

When did you get the voucher?

ChrisTO

I have a voucher but sadly I don't think I can do the initial activation with the voucher.  I tried yet another computer and I still can't get my payment to go through.  TD says that Public isn't even attempting to charge my card, this is pretty madenning.

You'll need to buy a voucher for the pre-tax value of your desired plan, or a combination of vouchers to make that amount or higher.

You can buy vouchers at recharge.com apparently, and you'll get a voucher code that needs to be typed into the activation for your sim.

It's been over 2 years since I used a voucher to active - things may have changed.  This is just the general process.

ChrisTO

How do the payment vouchers work for new activations compared to existing accounts?  Seems like this is the way I will likely go if I can't get this resolved.

EvaGiberson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem. Ended up changing (finally updating :-D) my address on my visa and then it worked.

Sometimes waiting one to two hours and re-trying with a different browser/etc. might work. Chrome and Firefox seems to work better.  If you need to activate soon, you can buy a payment voucher in store or online (recharge.com).

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator, but expect 2-3 day wait.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisTO

Do not try multiple times (it tends to flag in system)

It probably was a bug

Clear cache, even use incognito mode, try to process again

ChrisTO

Done that too and tried a different computer.

The website can be finicky.  You can try a different browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  

ChrisTO

I've tried all of that and I just dropping leaving out the last digit on my postal code.  I do have a middle name on my credit card which is odd, but I've tried putting that after my first name.  I've tried putting the address exactly as it is on my bills.

I likely tried to register this SIM to a second address so maybe this SIM is blocked.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Ease your fustration buy a voucher from recharge.com use that activate.  After that deal with cc.

Typical issues are self serve address needs to be the same as the cc

Leave out unit number

Leave out last digit of postal code.

Need Help? Let's chat.