cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card not being accepted when activating new SIM

halofreak79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend is setting up service with PM and on the final step of SIM activation, the credit card is not accepted and we are prompted to make sure all the info is correct. Made sure its all correct and it still will not go through. Tried with an incognito tab, no dice. Yes there is money on the card. Tried every common sense solution and cant get it to work. Any help would be appreciated as her cell service runs out tomorrow. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@halofreak79

Was the card charged, can you find out? If so, try the sim card into a phone, restart the phone and see if any services work or if public mobile shows up. If so, see if you can log into your friends My Account (best to do this through incognito if chrome).

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@halofreak79 not sure if this is your issue but last month I set one up for my son and after I set every thing up I used my cc it took me four times before I realized the name on the account now has to be the same as the name on the cc,since the upgrades they changed that,later on you can change name on the account to whatever you wish in your account profile 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@halofreak79 since you tried Incognito mode, it shouldn't be a cache issue.   But if you are sure PM didn't charge you,  you might want to try again with another browser 

Also , is the card you tried is a card issue by Canadian or US financial institution ??

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you try different browser? Sometimes PM site is very finicky...

Don't use a space in the postal code

Use ALL CAPS if necessary

Do not try too many times as you might fraud lock. If nothing works in few more attempts, contact agent for assistance. I assume you use Canadian or US CC, correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.