cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created and payed for account | ESIM not active on phone?

tuna_halibut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im on Galaxy fold 2 and did the Esim activation because it stated, when I ran my IMEI, that all os good! Device compatible with everything...

I log into app and it states my phone isn't compatible.

No support available. No activation... but my card has been charged. Help please and thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

tuna_halibut

@softech Thanks for the steps. There was never a QR code sent to my email. the ONLY QR asks me to download the app, which I did.

When I open the app it automatically goes to STEP 6 that simply states there was an Activation Error. Contact chat bot support.

I have tried this on a galaxy fold 2 (which I found out, despite your system saying its esim compatible, that it is NOT gimped by Samsung Rogers firmware...)

I then tried on a galaxy flip 3 with SIM MANAGER and clearly an ESIM option that asks for a QR code scan. It does not work on the Welcome to PM email QR.

I asked for a SIM card and was told to go to a Telus or Koodo store... 

I asked for a refund and was told to call my bank and request a charge back on my account.

I have rebooted the z flip 3 multiple times and tried to scan on my computer and on my iPad. 

tuna_halibut

@Phil_Adelphus My ONLY option is to do a dispute charge back with my bank. I'm just confirming the ONLY option for a refund and would also like to document the refund process for other user's in order for them to be aware of the customer service level at PM when things don't work out during activation. Thank you for your quick reply. A quick refund would be preferred.

hi @tuna_halibut 

So, you contacted support already?

And yes, if you really want to leave, calling credit card for a charge back would be the quickest way 

@tuna_halibut 

if you don't mind, give it one more chance and try :

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support and ask them to help further 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@tuna_halibut   So your posting again to ask how to get a refund because you can't get your bank to do the suggested chargeback?  Not sure how we can help.

tuna_halibut

I have contacted customer support and was instructed to Call My bank for a chargeback request.

@tuna_halibut   You were given the link to contact customer support in your thread yesterday, did they not reply yet?

@tuna_halibut  Please use this direct link to submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tuna_halibut

As the title says - how do I get a refund for a none activated account. The payment has been taken. I am unable to activate ESIM in the app and no longer want to proceed with the service.

There is no clear way to get a refund in my Account. It simply states "continue with activation" but I am unable to activate and do not want to activate any longer

Thanks!

@tuna_halibut   Have you tried the link @hTideGnow  gave to contact customer support?  This is by private message to the agents, not the chatbot/ticketing system which is currently not working properly.  

tuna_halibut

@BKNS27 

Its a Galaxy FOLD 2

Please read

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_z_fold2_5g-10342.php

NOT a folder <-?. you just derailed this whole post. I still don't have a working solution

@tuna_halibut 
I personally don’t have this phone…just have iPhones…3 of them. I am just going by gsmarena.com the specs on:

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_folder2-9331.php 

So I don’t know where you are getting your information from. It states it was introduced in 2017 not when you purchased it.

tuna_halibut

This is completely wrong

SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD 2 Available. Released 2020, September 18

Please don't post lies. It confuses the community. Stay hydrated

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tuna_halibut 

Unfortunately, your old Samsung Folder 2 is not eSIM compatible. Phone older than 2018 is usually not eSIM compatible. The Folder 2 was introduced in 2017. I wouldn’t rely on the eSIM check but do a Google search on the specs of your phone.

Easy fix since the eSIM is free for new activation. You need to purchase a SIM from your local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store for $10 or from Amazon for $4.99. If you order from PM…it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive. Once you have the SIM, just login to your account and go to the Profile section and click on Change SIM Card Number.

If you have any issues, just private message a CS_Agent for help at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

tuna_halibut

no esim manager on my phone? PM's welcome email goes to the app which fails to install esim. Unable to submit a ticket with CS Agent - link goes to a blank page? This is not going well.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @tuna_halibut 

check your sim manager and see if it already installed.  If it is, you just need to enable it

if not, check email for PM's welcome email, there is a QR code for you to manually install the esim

But if same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:

Need Help? Let's chat.